Visit our other forums: Orchid Forum Gardening Forums Bonsai Forum Citrus Forum Fat Cat Forum Appraisers Forum Vegatarian Forum Disney Forum Hawaii Forum

What made you choose the ATLF? - Relationship, Dating Forums, Advice on Love
     Relationship, Dating Forums, Advice on Love
Go Back   Relationship, Dating Forums, Advice on Love > Generally Speaking > Off Topic Discussions

Off Topic Discussions Forum for general conversation, share interests, have a laugh or discuss anything not related to above.

Old 08-15-2007, 02:00 AM   #1
stoner
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

stoner is a glorious beacon of lightstoner is a glorious beacon of lightstoner is a glorious beacon of lightstoner is a glorious beacon of lightstoner is a glorious beacon of lightstoner is a glorious beacon of light
Default What made you choose the ATLF?

There are numerous forums on the Internet about love, sex, relationships, etc. For whatever the reason may be, post your stories how you found the ATLF, and the factors that lead you to stay here.

"I believe there's a ghost of a chance. We Can find someone to love, and make it last..."
[Peart/Lee/Lifeson] [from Ghost Of A Chance by Rush]

Last edited by stoner; 08-15-2007 at 02:25 AM.
stoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 03:30 AM   #2
stoner
Photobucket

stoner is a glorious beacon of lightstoner is a glorious beacon of lightstoner is a glorious beacon of lightstoner is a glorious beacon of lightstoner is a glorious beacon of lightstoner is a glorious beacon of light

Since I started this thread, I guess here's my story ...

On-line forums are not new to me. Currently, the forums that I'm in are limited to my hobbies and interests.
I'm an admirer of nature and have a fondness for the great outdoors that I engage in numerous backpacking, hiking and camping excursions on an on-going basis. That also makes me a member of a forum about the outdoors.
Through the years, I also developed such a bad habit for guitars. While I do admire different makes and models, brand-wise however, I tend to remain loyal with Martin and Ovation guitars. Currently I'm a member of the Ovation Fan Club ... do check them guys and gals at www.ovationfanclub.com
For a while there, I was also an active participant of the Martin board, but the snobbery of some of the members there turned me off. They tended to look down and demean non-Martin guitars. And Some even took it to the extent that they attacked the content of the characters of the people who owned them. I still love my Martin guitars, but the on-line forum about it I can live without.

But I've always wanted to be a part of an on-line forum that deals with all kinds of issues about love and relationships. Finally, after doing a google search, I tried one on-line forum, but some of the members there were just downright rude. After staying there for about a month, I decided that it's just not the place for me, so I started looking again and landed here at the ATLF.

So here's where I am now, and hopefully this will be the place where I can say that I truly belong to. I look forward to more correspondences, friendships and camaraderie with the wonderful people in this forum.

"I believe there's a ghost of a chance. We Can find someone to love, and make it last..."
Old 08-15-2007, 05:50 AM   #3
daisychip
ATLF Sweetheart

daisychip is a jewel in the roughdaisychip is a jewel in the roughdaisychip is a jewel in the roughdaisychip is a jewel in the rough

I had tried another forum and disliked the fact that members there seemed to want to 'argue' out their opinions within a thread from a member looking for thoughts that they could find helpful. Most times the original topic would get lost in the 'battle' for who was making the best point and why..........if that makes sense. I like to give my best opinion at the time I am confronted with a dilemma and if someone has a different view, by all means state it. I don't know if what I say will be right or useful to everyone and I like to believe that the reader will take what's useful to them and disregard the rest. I also don't feel the need to have to 'back-up' everything I say especially when it's only opinion. It's ok to challenge opinion if your actually looking for mature discussion but to do it in s/o cry for help just wasn't for me. Rude and childish as far as I was concerned.

So anyway, I came upon ATLF in my time of need and found very little 'bickering' within the threads and knew that the people here were interested in helping and trying to be positive w/o weighing s/o down with muck that isn't necessary. Also, even though I don't participate to much in the 'off topics' I could feel the connectedness and knew I'd be welcome if I chose to.

I actually prefer the on-line forum as a way of being connected. I know it's a little selfish BUT it's true........I can give the time I have or spare or want to and everyone understands. No pressures except what I put on myself .

Thanks everyone for not making it feel like a burden to give of myself.
daisychip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 06:36 AM   #4
martinfan55

martinfan55 is on a distinguished road

I joined this because i was so confused going throught this break-up with my boyfriend of 1 year and 8 months. as most of you know akready..so i felt so sad depressed i just wanted answer..advice..even though i was getting it from friends and family..i just wanted more advice from other peoples points of view. and that how i found this forum through google...i had joined other two but nobody ever wrote me back maybe one or 2 people but that was it.. Here in this forum everyone writes their points of views, their opinions, advice. I like it here a lot!!

I LOVE ATLF!!!
martinfan55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 12:09 PM   #5
stoner
Photobucket

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisychip View Post
So anyway, I came upon ATLF in my time of need and found very little 'bickering' within the threads and knew that the people here were interested in helping and trying to be positive w/o weighing s/o down with muck that isn't necessary. Also, even though I don't participate to much in the 'off topics' I could feel the connectedness and knew I'd be welcome if I chose to.
That's exactly what I felt when I found the ATLF, and what a great sigh of relief indeed. Reading between the lines of the posts, I find the people here genuinely concerned about the individual's needs -- whether it is emotional, anxiety, insecurity, spiritual, etc. -- and will help out whenever they can.

The other forum that I tried, while there are some nice people there as well -- there were just as many who were so into that bickering, and one liner insults that often add more insults to injury. It's just too bad that I joined them with good intentions, and though I never really contributed much in the one month that I was there, no one really gave a flying (fill in the blanks) to allow me that opportunity to do so. I tend to be non-confrontational, and when I sense that things aren't getting any better, that's the green light for me to get out of there while it's early...

I'm really glad I found the ATLF. Though I haven't been here that long, I already feel at home here. Thank you once again.

Old 08-15-2007, 12:20 PM   #6
TracyJ
Photobucket

TracyJ will become famous soon enoughTracyJ will become famous soon enough

I came here really depressed and down about certain things in my life and everyone was so nice and helpful here I felt right at home and I never left.

I feel a lot better now and I thank ATLF for that. It has really helped me and I stay here now to try and help other people that need a shoulder to lean on.

I also have made some great friends so how could I leave
TracyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 01:03 PM   #7
**Sapphire**
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future

I joined ATLF after being on 2 love forums that were extremely slow & also had a few internet trolls thinking the forums were there's only. After getting into confrontations for only wanting to post my advice & help & trying my best to stay away from those couple trolls, I left. I did a search for love forums & found my home here. I enjoy trying to help people, so this was a perfect fit for me. The people were very warm & helpful to members seeking advice, they all seemed to get along within the threads, also looking at old threads I noticed that they take "trolling" seriously & ban troublesome members right away.

I'm very glad to be part of the team of ATLF, I thank Jwolf for having confidence in me, in being her co-admin. I also love our mods Teej & Aussiecoffee007, they do a great job of moderating & also post with members. I haven't been on alot of forums where the admins/mods really get involved with the members as we do, it's really a great thing.

I hope that Jwolf will be on here later, I would love for her to read this thread. I know it will do her heart good to read how you all love ATLF...she's been here since the beginning & I know how much this site & you all mean to her.
Old 11-17-2007, 11:08 PM   #8
TracyJ
Photobucket

Ok guys I have brought this back up because I wanted to know why you chose this forum

There are so many others out there..

What makes you stick around at ATLF
Old 12-05-2007, 11:05 PM   #9
Tony
Photobucket

Tony will become famous soon enoughTony will become famous soon enough

I agree with you there Chief
Old 12-10-2007, 01:38 PM   #10
Pink
Love Guru

Pink is a glorious beacon of lightPink is a glorious beacon of lightPink is a glorious beacon of lightPink is a glorious beacon of lightPink is a glorious beacon of light

I used to be at another love/relationship forum, but the staff would argue with you and ban you for no reason. You had to agree with everything they said or else you'd get the ban stick. I know that not everyone is going to agree with what I have to say and that's fine. I guess they didn't see it that way.

And if a member posted about a problem it seemed as though they would bring them down.. Saying things like, "Well if you wouldn't of done or said that then you would of never been broken up with!" If anything I'd try to help them not bring them down. Isn't that why they posted it in the first place? To get help?

I just got tired of it and left. After a few weeks I started searching again and the ATLF. I noticed right away that everyone was kind, fair, caring and willing to help. I'm still here and loving it.
Old 12-10-2007, 01:46 PM   #11
Tony
Photobucket

That is the best way on how NOT to run a forum Pink
but its good in one way the ATLF has gained not only a nice person but also a valued staff member.
Old 12-10-2007, 01:59 PM   #12
Pink
Love Guru

Pink is a glorious beacon of lightPink is a glorious beacon of lightPink is a glorious beacon of lightPink is a glorious beacon of lightPink is a glorious beacon of light

I appreciate it, Tony. Its like my second home!
Old 12-27-2007, 02:42 PM   #13
devilwoman

devilwoman will become famous soon enough

I just saw the link to this place in Sapphires signature on another forum I go on and decided to join. Knowing there was someone here I knew made it easier for me so here I am
Old 12-27-2007, 02:47 PM   #14
Tony
Photobucket

I am glad that you have decided to join

also a well done to Sapphire for having the ATLF in her signature
Old 12-27-2007, 06:09 PM   #15
**Sapphire**
Photobucket

**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilwoman View Post
I just saw the link to this place in Sapphires signature on another forum I go on and decided to join. Knowing there was someone here I knew made it easier for me so here I am

I sure am glad that you joined us Kay. I like your siggie picture too, it's so cute!
Old 12-28-2007, 06:35 PM   #16
devilwoman

devilwoman will become famous soon enough

thanks, I'm glad I joined too
Old 02-23-2008, 02:53 AM   #17
**Sapphire**
Photobucket

this up for our new members to share with us.
Old 02-24-2008, 05:06 PM   #18
caspa

caspa is on a distinguished road

i chose this forum coz i was a lil confussed bout a guy and teej told me to cheak out this site so i did and ilove it here
caspa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 05:20 PM   #19
**Sapphire**
Photobucket

ity bump for our new members, cause I'm nosey!
Old 04-09-2008, 06:47 PM   #20
Mixed

Mixed is on a distinguished road

well i first came onto this forum after my boyfriend did , which is why at the beginning sapphire asked me why I have two nicknames under one IP. Even though he signed up for one thread only in which he asked his question and stopped posting, i signed up and stayed here since then.

I've been on a couple of forums before, friendship forums and I really enjoyed them but they became too big and you lost the closeness the members had. Everyday someone new would pop up and then you'd get mixed up with who's who.

It happens here but the core members haven't changed

Also, you feel that people in this forum don't judge you for who you are. They try to help you in any means possible and you can feel their concern for you .

I need help in talking about my relationship because my friends don't know that i'm in a relationship and i've been in it for over 1.5 yrs. So this was my haven for getting other opinions and male views about my problems !
Mixed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 08:58 AM   #21
TheMaxx

TheMaxx is on a distinguished road

Because people can actually spell here.
TheMaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 02:10 PM   #22
TracyJ
Photobucket

Would any of our new members like to add to this??
Old 09-12-2008, 03:19 PM   #23
Emma

Emma is on a distinguished road

Hope I'm not too late guys!

I joined ATLF because the members just seemed so lovely after only reading a few posts. It's got the best atmosphere and everyones helpful. The welcome you get is spot on!

Plus, this was the first Love Forum I stumbled across. I'm a bit kookie like that so, I took it as a sign that this was the only one I should join!
Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 03:38 PM   #24
Pink
Love Guru

Not too late at all, Emma. We're glad you joined the ATLF!
Pink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 02:21 AM   #25
Lucky

Lucky will become famous soon enoughLucky will become famous soon enough

I agree 100% with Emma....I also joined because members seem so lovely and It's got the best atmosphere and the welcome you get is lovely!

Another reason I joined is because Sapphire is so cool and I saw the link in her signature and decided to check it

Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 04:31 AM   #26
aussiecoffee007
Love Guru

aussiecoffee007 will become famous soon enoughaussiecoffee007 will become famous soon enough

not at all late, i love to hear the responses still!
Old 10-09-2008, 12:43 PM   #27
**Sapphire**
Photobucket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
I agree 100% with Emma....I also joined because members seem so lovely and It's got the best atmosphere and the welcome you get is lovely!

Another reason I joined is because Sapphire is so cool and I saw the link in her signature and decided to check it

Aww thank you Lucky hun! I'm really glad that you joined!

I love reading these replies when people come on & see them, it's never too late to post why you chose ATLF.
Old 10-17-2008, 10:50 PM   #28
Lucky

Lucky will become famous soon enoughLucky will become famous soon enough
Heart2

You're welcome Sapphire. It has the perfect name because
when you come here that's exactly what you feel....Love

Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 11:46 PM   #29
Maj

Maj is on a distinguished road

I needed somewhere I could come and let it all out without being judged so here I am
Maj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 12:55 PM   #30
TracyJ
Photobucket

I'm bumping this in case anyone would like to add anything