Visit our other forums: Orchid Forum Gardening Forums Bonsai Forum Citrus Forum Fat Cat Forum Appraisers Forum Vegatarian Forum Disney Forum Hawaii Forum

Has anyone ever been in this kind of situation?? - Relationship, Dating Forums, Advice on Love
     Relationship, Dating Forums, Advice on Love
Go Back   Relationship, Dating Forums, Advice on Love > Love & Relationships > Relationships - Dating & Marriage

Relationships - Dating & Marriage Come on in & talk about dating, relationships & marriage. Maybe give some advice to others on past relationships.

Old 07-28-2013, 11:49 PM   #1
80sborn

80sborn is on a distinguished road
Default Has anyone ever been in this kind of situation??

So, I have been with my girlfriend for almost 3 years and she is the love of my life, I cant picture my life without her. but recently I discovered that she has been hanging around with my best freind alot, she went away for a week to his house (he lives in another town) and now that shes back I found out that he has been staying at her house. And now sometimes he even stays over when I leave...and when I am around neither of them really talk to me, and talk to each other, am I just being paranoid or does this seem wrong to anyone else?
80sborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 01:59 PM   #2
TracyJ
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

TracyJ will become famous soon enoughTracyJ will become famous soon enough

Hi welcome to the forum I'm glad you have decided to post.

This does sound like odd behaviour to me..have you spoken to her about it?. sounds like you need to have the conversation and find out what's going on?.

Hopefully it's just a friendship?. Are you and him close, do you often go and spend time with him and stay over?.

I wish I could be of more help but I really think you need to sit her down and explain your concerns. If it was the other way around and you were staying at a female friends house I am sure you would feel the same way.
TracyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 02:34 PM   #3
80sborn

80sborn is on a distinguished road

I wanna know how I should approach her and/or how and what I should ask her. what would you say if it were you??
80sborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 08:41 PM   #4
TracyJ
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

TracyJ will become famous soon enoughTracyJ will become famous soon enough

I'm not sure, just ask her why you have been hanging around with him so much?.

say that you don't think that she should be staying over at his house all the time without you and that how would she feel if you were staying at a female friends house all the time, wouldn't that concern you?.

ask if you have any reason for concern and for her to reassure you that everything is okay with your relationship.

I don't think there is an easy way around it, you are just going to have to ask her.
TracyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 11:16 AM   #5
ShaunMarsh

ShaunMarsh is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80sborn View Post
So, I have been with my girlfriend for almost 3 years and she is the love of my life, I cant picture my life without her. but recently I discovered that she has been hanging around with my best freind alot, she went away for a week to his house (he lives in another town) and now that shes back I found out that he has been staying at her house. And now sometimes he even stays over when I leave...and when I am around neither of them really talk to me, and talk to each other, am I just being paranoid or does this seem wrong to anyone else?
You clearly ask her about your relationship with her what is in her mind , what she think about you and if she is tells you she is only your girlfriend and not interested in you then remove her previous feeling from your mind and just meet her as a good friend.
ShaunMarsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 08:10 AM   #6
saduma

saduma is on a distinguished road

well i would also get worried if my girlfriend was spending lot of time with aother guy even worst sleeping over for the whole week, ask her what is the relationship with your friend and let her know how its makes you feel when she spend so much time with your friend, if she cares about you and your feelings she will stop
Old 12-07-2013, 12:46 AM   #7
PaulineRhodes

PaulineRhodes is on a distinguished road

I think you already know your answer but just do not want to face it. Since she has not broken off the relationship with your completely, I suspect you still have a chance, but it looks like she got tired of waiting for you.

The first thing I noticed in your post is that you have been dating for three years, but it does not sound like you have made any commitment to her. Her relationship with your friend could be her way of pushing you to make a decision. It could be her way of slowly moving away from you, too.

You need to stop playing games and get clear with her on what you want for the future and when. She needs to know your real intentions. You do not have to accuse her of anything. If she still wants to be with you, then your commitment and clearly stated plans will give her confidence. If she has moved on, she will end the relationship with you. Either way, you have a resolution and can move on with your life instead of living in doubt and fear.
PaulineRhodes is offline   Reply With Quote