Visit our other forums: Orchid Forum Gardening Forums Bonsai Forum Citrus Forum Fat Cat Forum Appraisers Forum Vegatarian Forum Disney Forum Hawaii Forum

Dating Advice for Women - Relationship, Dating Forums, Advice on Love
     Relationship, Dating Forums, Advice on Love
Go Back   Relationship, Dating Forums, Advice on Love > Love & Relationships > Relationships - Dating & Marriage

Relationships - Dating & Marriage Come on in & talk about dating, relationships & marriage. Maybe give some advice to others on past relationships.

Old 04-05-2006, 03:53 PM   #1
Davey Crockett
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Davey Crockett is on a distinguished road
Default Dating Advice for Women

Woman's Touch: Dating Do's and Dont's For Females

It can be difficult to be a woman in the dating arena. A lot of things can go wrong for you more so than for your male counterpart. Plus, men can be really dense about a few things. Well, no worries. Here are a few tips on what to do and not to do during a date:

1) Timing is important - Timing as in 'on time'. No matter what they say, there is no such thing as 'fashionably late'. For the first date, this can give the guy jitters and make him think that you've stood him up. For the later dates, having him wait for you in the living room for half an hour with either your roommate, your sister or, worse, your father is not something you want him to do - whether it be for the embarrassing stories or Dad's 'eyes of doom'.

2) Keep your head on straight - Yes, we all know dates are supposed to be fun, but knowing what's going on is important both for your own safety and for your love life. Is your date acting suspiciously or is he just nervous? Maybe you'd want to end the date early or do something to calm him down. Is he taking notice of what you're wearing or just ogling? The choice to either wink at him or just stare knowingly is up to you. Is his attention on you or the girl next to you? You might wish to reward him with a smile or a slap. Situational awareness is not just for soldiers on the front but also for young women on the prowl.

3) Be nice - Have a positive attitude, find things that you like and tell him. Compliment him about his clothes, how he looks and how well the date is going. It puts him at ease and also makes him feel important. It also shows him that you're taking notice of him and you appreciate him. But, don't lie. Like I said, look at the bright side of things - the service of the restaurant may have been slow but the ambience was terrific.

4) Do not complain - This may be technically part of tip three, but it deserves a separate heading. This doesn't mean that you shouldn't tell him that something is wrong or something makes you uncomfortable. The way you phrase it and the tone you use is important here. 'Venting', like we do with our girl friends, is not going to go over well with him since he'll probably misinterpret it. Grin and bear it then tell him after the date in calmly what your problem was. Trust me, he'll understand and he'll try to make it up to you.

5) Enjoy the date - A date is a chance to get to know each other and to enjoy yourselves. Have fun during the date. Try not to be hyper-critical, but just take things in your stride. If you're not having fun, your date will notice and, trust me, he will get nervous which will probably start ruining the experience for both of you. Also, just let your guard down for a little while. Let him see the real you. He may or may not like it, but in the end he will appreciate the honesty of the act. Besides, if he doesn't like you for you, why should you keep on dating?

6) Afterwards, show interest - If you really like the guy, waiting for the call after a successful date is nerve-wracking. You know he's interested and you're definitely interested, you're just waiting for him to call you so you could arrange another date. Try giving him a day or two. He usually has to get his act together and work up the courage to call. If he doesn't call, he's probably still tongue-tied from being in your presence. Call him up to say hello. Talk about the date and how you had fun and give hints. No matter how dense he is, he should then pick up on it and ask you for another date!

7) Be consistent - For those who've crossed the 'First Date' Rubicon, try maintaining the impression you made on him during the first date. Men don't like surprises except, of course, if they plan them. This doesn't mean, however, that you'll just give him the first date you. Talk to each other, both on and off dates, to get to know each other more. What he got on the first date was a sneak peek, what he should get from your continued dating should be the entire reel.

Well, there they are seven tips for dating success! Hopefully, this advice could help lead you through today's tough tangle of relationships. Happy hunting!
Davey Crockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 09:18 AM   #2
c_thina00

c_thina00 is on a distinguished road

Wow! thats really a wonderful advice! All have you said is really effective when you try it, just be open to the guy and don't shy to tell something are say something....yeah we need to enjoy our date so that will be more effective!
c_thina00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 04:26 AM   #3
seoboost

seoboost is on a distinguished road
Cool

More advice for women:

Don't try to tell them how to fix their car or vehicle when it breaks, as that may hurt their manliness when and if you show that you know something perhaps more than they do about cars.

Don't wear any makeup at all as most men do not like makeup and will not want to have you wear it. Makeup is what women like other women to wear, but men do not like it and rather they like the natural look.

Don't go giving them gifts right away or at least not very many as some get scared off that way and think that you will want more out of them then they are willing to give and don't want to give you false hopes.

Don't go chasing them around the parking lot, don't drive your car around town trying to catch up with their car and when you do catch up with their car, don't just stop the car and park it by where they live and act like you just happened to pop by.

Don't go after your girlfriends boyfriends or your girlfriends guys that they like a lot and are after, as it may really damage your friendship and also the guys just hate that and will probably not want either one of you two girls.
seoboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 04:25 AM   #4
smackie9

smackie9 is on a distinguished road

Seoboost, your advice is for the very insecure man. I'm a car chick and I will tell you I can hardly keep the guys off me when I talk cars to them...they love the way I look too...hmmm I do wear make up...go figure.
Old 08-14-2007, 11:11 AM   #5
Riggs
Banned

Riggs is on a distinguished road

Men are dense about things? Don't you mean stupid?
Not me..I'm perfect. lol
Riggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 05:50 AM   #6
Myzyri
Banned

Myzyri is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by seoboost View Post
Don't try to tell them how to fix their car or vehicle when it breaks, as that may hurt their manliness when and if you show that you know something perhaps more than they do about cars.
Wow, bitter much? Sheesh...

Quote:
Don't wear any makeup at all as most men do not like makeup and will not want to have you wear it. Makeup is what women like other women to wear, but men do not like it and rather they like the natural look.
Well, if you're a filthy tramp who uses a trowel to put on your make-up, then yes, I'd prefer you wear none at all. The "hooker look" is never appreciated. However, if you use make-up to highlight natural beauty and you do it well, I'm all for it...

I have no problem with make-up at all. While not a requirement, I appreciate it. It shows me she took the time to make herself look nice. If they just show up "natural," it doesn't bother me, but a lot of chicks can't pull off the natural look because it just makes them look "dumpy." Depends on the girl. In any case, I'm not against it and I do appreciate it. Like I said, it lets me know that she cares about her appearance which also lets me know that she's probably not a slob in general.

Quote:
Don't go giving them gifts right away or at least not very many as some get scared off that way and think that you will want more out of them then they are willing to give and don't want to give you false hopes.
No comment. I can take this or leave it...

Quote:
Don't go chasing them around the parking lot, don't drive your car around town trying to catch up with their car and when you do catch up with their car, don't just stop the car and park it by where they live and act like you just happened to pop by.
Wow, you've done this to guys? Trust me... it doesn't surprise me.

Quote:
Don't go after your girlfriends boyfriends or your girlfriends guys that they like a lot and are after, as it may really damage your friendship and also the guys just hate that and will probably not want either one of you two girls.
What the hell are you talking about?

Wow, from reading this, you're one seriously screwed up broad...
Myzyri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 01:49 PM   #7
smackie9

smackie9 is on a distinguished road

Broad? I thought seoboost was one insecure dude hahahaha! By the way the last comment means: don't be such a hoe by trying to hook up with other girls guys.

Last edited by smackie9; 08-20-2007 at 01:52 PM.
smackie9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 01:36 AM   #8
caspa

caspa is on a distinguished road

wow thank you, thats acctualy really helpfull
caspa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 09:47 AM   #9
dannygirl
Banned

dannygirl is on a distinguished road

wow.... just wow....

I seriously think that wearing makeup to enhance your natural beauty is fine. As long as you don't look like a French whore generally speaking. Just because 1 out of 10 guys didn't like a girl who wore makeup doesn't mean that most or even all guys are like that. Remember the saying," NEVER change yourself for anyone including a man"?? Well it still stands true for this as well. Not trying to sound rude..
Old 04-12-2008, 10:41 AM   #10
TracyJ
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

TracyJ will become famous soon enoughTracyJ will become famous soon enough

I won't change myself for any man...
TracyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 03:02 AM   #11
sheri

sheri is on a distinguished road

Mean neither. And a man won't change for any women. If it does happen, it doesn't last long.
Old 02-21-2009, 11:22 AM   #12
DodyMorisson

DodyMorisson is on a distinguished road

I am a Man. Good tips. I like a woman who prepare for her date. It make Us Men feel so important.

=)
DodyMorisson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 11:48 AM   #13
mary01

mary01 is on a distinguished road

i can tell you one way to find your soulmate...for me it works.
mary01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 12:00 PM   #14
Tony
Photobucket

Tony will become famous soon enoughTony will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary01 View Post
i can tell you one way to find your soulmate...for me it works.
welcome to the ATLF
maybe you would like to enlighten us
Old 12-28-2009, 06:06 AM   #15
nickyQ
Banned

nickyQ is on a distinguished road

It is really helpful,but when woman meet with someone she hates,these will be not easy to follow
nickyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 12:55 PM   #16
**Sapphire**
Photobucket

**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyQ View Post
It is really helpful,but when woman meet with someone she hates,these will be not easy to follow
Huh??

If a woman dislikes a man that she meets, then of course these won't work. These will only work if the couple are interested in each other.
Old 10-15-2010, 05:25 AM   #17
markdonald

markdonald is on a distinguished road
Default hi

These are such a wonder tips for dating of women. I recommended these tips. Women should keep all the tips in their mind when they date.
Old 10-18-2010, 01:08 PM   #18
nealgraycy
Banned

nealgraycy is on a distinguished road

Yes if a woman does not like a man that she meets, then of course these won't work.
nealgraycy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 08:59 AM   #19
mike12

mike12 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the advice you give the best man ... but this depends on how man show that is you can have everything you want unless you have money and a car at least you do not have even a chance .. no matter whatever you do.
Old 02-10-2012, 11:07 PM   #20
datingjoe

datingjoe is on a distinguished road

Great Tips SHould definitely help a lot of chicks out there!

DON’T ADD SPAM TO THE FORUMS!
datingjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 04:13 AM   #21
cisslybee2012

cisslybee2012 is on a distinguished road

I agree with the keep your head up part, as women do tend to sleep on things going on to alert them to things about a guy.

And he's right about # 3 and 4 with be nice and do not complain. But # 5 is something that remains to be seen. She can't enjoy the date if he's stupid and doing and/or saying things to upset her.

So the rest of it is side splitting laughable because the OP is implying that it's the female's responsibility to make dating a guy successful which is ridiculous. Because if she has to work so hard just to date the guy, then she's literally wasting her time and fluffing him up for nothing. A man will definitely make an effort to show interest in somebody he likes. Showing interest is a two way street.

Also, the OP is implying that a woman has to front for a man which is also ridiculous. She doesn't have to pretend to be floating on air every time they're together. If there's something bugging her, then she's at liberty to show it. And he's surely not going to front or retain his feelings about anything for her. If he has an attitude for any reason, then he's surely going to express it. So it shouldn't bother him to hear her express her feelings about something that's not kosher in her life. If it does, then the dude is a piece of work himself. A walking psych ward, that it won't be long before she discovers herself.
cisslybee2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 03:07 PM   #22
landensmommy1028

landensmommy1028 is on a distinguished road

So I'm a single mom of an almost 2year old I work for the state of florida I'm almost 23 and I just recently moved back to my little small town right outside of tallahassee. There is this guy that I find soooo attractive and he's sooo sweet. I went to school with him. We never really talked in school but we have some of the same friends obviously in a one highschool town everybody knows everybody. Well it started about two weeks ago he stops at the same little stop and save that I do every morning around the same time we always stare at eachother and smile but he never says hey neither do I. He always seems to pull out at the same time I do and it's almost as if he's tryin to flirt but not show it at the same time. So last week I sent him a friend request on FB yea i know lame I'm not really into the FB thing but I have one lol he accepted it within' minutes, but my luck he has a gf. Well I don't like to never have interfered especially if someone is happy I don't like it when it's happened to me, but we just can't help but stare at eachother so yesterday after we saw eachother i sent him a message and said hey he replied heyy and we both agreed one of us needs to at least say hey at one point lol but he also a little later in the conversation said i don't wanna lead you on bc i do have a gf they've been together for almost 8months. I thought wow he's pretty honest but i figured he was tellin' me this to set some boundaries, so we sent a couple more messages just in conversation. and then i didn't message back. This morning i was a little earlier this morning than normal and missed him at the store well he messaged me and said i guess i missed you this morning at the store and i said sorry i was kinda in a hurry i really was. but we ended up talkin' some more about hunting and landen my little boy and he said you probably look like a dork with your little heater keeping your little toes warm lol because they were cold from the rain this morning lol to me he's flirtting but he has a gf so off limits he told me to have a good day and he'd message me later. What do I do it's so hard not to like him? even one of my best friends that i talk to at the store everymorning called and said he was lookin' for me this morning. I mean he's off limits but i think i've developed a little crush on him.
landensmommy1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:14 AM   #23
PRelationships

PRelationships is on a distinguished road
Default Danger ahead!

Hi landensmommy,

It's so hard to keep our heads straight when our hearts are involved, isn't it? We know that he has a girlfriend and yet our heart says ... but I like him. No harm in just chatting and being friends, right? Well, if I can see the future, I'd say this... you are heading for lots of heartache and pain. It doesn't take a genius to see this.

So unless you are ready to handle what's going to come, I suggest you stay away and build your own life with commitment and joy.
We offer relationship advice and tips from an experiential viewpoint on how to save relationships, anger and stress management, how to recover from a breakup, finding a new partner, teenage help, etc.

precious-relationships.com/Newsletter-precious-relationships.html
PRelationships is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:44 PM   #24
aliya87khan

aliya87khan is on a distinguished road

Interesting tips i would take care of!
Old 01-05-2013, 07:58 PM   #25
Mark Dice

Mark Dice is on a distinguished road

Thanks for sharing these!
Old 08-02-2013, 06:08 AM   #26
danielbrown

danielbrown is on a distinguished road

The tips are really very interesting and seems more helping for boys. Because they can also enjoy the date with a girl who follow such tips.

Last edited by TracyJ; 08-02-2013 at 08:04 AM. Reason: please don't post links to other dating websites
danielbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 05:57 AM   #27
hookmeup
Hi everyone!

hookmeup is on a distinguished road

Don't let s e x cloud your judgement early on in the relationship.
Old 09-29-2013, 05:58 AM   #28
hookmeup
Hi everyone!

hookmeup is on a distinguished road

Oh, and if you think your partner seems to want to change your ways, run, fast!