Visit our other forums: Orchid Forum Gardening Forums Bonsai Forum Citrus Forum Fat Cat Forum Appraisers Forum Vegatarian Forum Disney Forum Hawaii Forum

Taking a break- please help me! - Relationship, Dating Forums, Advice on Love
     Relationship, Dating Forums, Advice on Love
Go Back   Relationship, Dating Forums, Advice on Love > Love & Relationships > Relationships - Dating & Marriage

Relationships - Dating & Marriage Come on in & talk about dating, relationships & marriage. Maybe give some advice to others on past relationships.

Old 04-10-2015, 12:00 AM   #1
meg11han

meg11han is on a distinguished road
Default Taking a break- please help me!

Hey everyone.

I've been dating an amazing girl for a while. We live three hours apart (we met online), but things had been going great. The time we spent together was nothing short of perfect. We always enjoyed each other's company, whether we were out and about or binge watching House Hunters on the couch. We had completely fallen head over heels for each other and had even talked about committing, marriage, and beginning our lives together. Things moved quickly, but we both allowed it to happen- it all just felt 'right.'

She's a college coach and her season began mid-February and she began to get super overwhelmed with work and balancing a relatively new LDR. She began to get a bit distant- not calling, not responding to texts, etc so I knew something was up. She texted me one morning and told me "we need to take a break" until her season is over. She apologized profusely and promised me it had nothing to do with how she felt about me and that she still "loves me with all her heart," and she just needs to "focus on her season." I told her I understood and that I'm completely willing to give her the time and space she needs.. and followed up by telling her that I loved her and that I'll be here if she ever needs anything.

Her season is done later this month and I'm petrified she won't reach back out to me- we haven't talked in two months. I said I was willing to give her time and space and I have, but it's been absolutely killing me. I adore this girl, she's my world. What if she moves on? What if she forgets about me? Or what if she realizes she's better off without me?

She's been cheated on before and has had trust issues.. And she actually completely trusts me... Would she throw that away?

I'm just so lost and confused and hurt. I love this girl more than anything. I guess I'm just looking for some advice and support. Please. I just want my girlfriend back!
meg11han is offline   Reply With Quote