Visit our other forums: Orchid Forum Gardening Forums Bonsai Forum Citrus Forum Fat Cat Forum Appraisers Forum Vegatarian Forum Disney Forum Hawaii Forum

Dating Tips: The First Impression Matters - Relationship, Dating Forums, Advice on Love
     Relationship, Dating Forums, Advice on Love
Go Back   Relationship, Dating Forums, Advice on Love > Love & Relationships > Relationships - Dating & Marriage

Relationships - Dating & Marriage Come on in & talk about dating, relationships & marriage. Maybe give some advice to others on past relationships.

Old 04-20-2009, 07:07 PM   #1
**Sapphire**
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future
Default Dating Tips: The First Impression Matters

Ever had a love at first sight encounter? Totally captured by her beauty the first time you laid your eyes on her? Having sleepless nights thinking about her? That first impression she left with you was sure astonishing wasn't it?

The first impression you give plays a very important part in the blooming of a love relationship. It determines the ever possibility of a development of the relationship. Would you fall in love with someone whom you don't have any good impression at all? The chances are, if you have a bad impression of someone, it's very likely that the more you see him the more you will dislike him. It's very hard to change one's thinking once it is set in his mind. It will need a lot of time and regular communication between both to break down that wall. So even if you can't impress that special someone the very first time, make sure you will not displease him or her. You can still work on your chances at a later time.

How can you impress someone? Well, you may be the kindest soul, so helpful; caring, fun loving and easy going whom all your friends enjoy your presence. But does that someone know? No, if there are no chances of both of you going out together, going out on a date, there's no way he or she will ever get to know you more. You have got to make that someone notice you, make your presence be known. You got to first impress him or her!

Very naturally, humans tend to make judgment of another just by their very first acquaintance with the person. Decisions were made almost at that very moment of your job interview? Your physical appearance, the way you talk, all your little behaviors you show, will decide what kind of a person you are to them and this impression is going to be set in their mind unless some thing or someone changes it.

So what can you do? What should you take note of? First of all, your appearance of course. Your physical appearance is the very the first thing that catches a person's eyes. Put on your very best look! But do however dress appropriately. If you are going for a ball, you will not go in your jeans and tee and if you are going for a barbeque, for heaven's sake, please don't go in your tuxedo or suits. Other than your physical appearance, you have to also be careful with all your little actions, the way you speak, the way you eat, the way you look at others–

Look for chance to strike a conversation with that someone. If not a personal one, a little group conversation will be good. Try to participate in the conversation, getting his or her attention. Look into the eyes, drop him or her a nice warm smile. Let that someone know that his or her presence is felt, being felt by you. A smile with the right eye contact at the right timing can sometimes works wonder than to words. But please, keep the conversations entertaining. If you are bad with jokes, don't try it! Don't risk making yourself a clown.

For guys, show your gentlemanliness, hold the door for her, offer seat to her; offer her a ride home– But remember, be natural, take things slowly, don't overdo it and scare her off the very first time.

For girls? Well, you always got a little more privilege. Just be sure not to make yourself look unfriendly, Smile– Look him in the eyes and drop him a nice little sweet smile of yours. Do you know that your smile is enough to melt a man's heart?

Well all these little things count, your little efforts will pay off– Nonetheless, it's always good to leave people with a good impression of yourself rather than a bad one, isn't it?
Old 09-23-2009, 07:36 PM   #2
devendra3047

devendra3047 is on a distinguished road

on my first date i went to see the whackiest movie ever.
and i had a MCPUFF of mc donalds and because of its hot filling i dropped it on my clothes.
but still i can say it is love that matters not the physical appearance.
devendra3047 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 07:02 AM   #3
khate

khate is on a distinguished road

So show the real you. If they loved you at first sight then they should love you more when they get to know you better. Because I believe that love sees everything even flaws but it doesn't mind.
khate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 12:42 PM   #4
AsianBeauties
Love Struck

AsianBeauties is on a distinguished road

Hello! For me, the first impressions is a mixture of things. The guy has to have good eye contact, a welcoming smile, open and comfortable body language, asking questions, showing interest in what I have to say...all these things generate positive energy!
AsianBeauties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 06:09 PM   #5
truelovematch
Love Struck

truelovematch is on a distinguished road

ain't that thing as love at first sight. Attraction at first sight yes, but love...that's too strong.
truelovematch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 07:51 PM   #6
evgeniy

evgeniy is on a distinguished road

Nice to you for sharing this information )) First impression is very important. If you will not make a good impress on the first date, the second date can not take the place.
evgeniy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:58 AM   #7
Lara

Lara is on a distinguished road

Very sound piece of perception. I disgust when I see people rush into relationships like their life depended on it. In my point of view you should love and enjoy yourself first and be independent before being coupled up because it's very simple to get stuck in doing everything together.
Lara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:47 PM   #8
Carney

Carney is on a distinguished road

Hi Admin,
Agree with you that first impression matters a lot in blooming your relation so dress attractively as it is said first impression is the last impression. Be pleasant, enjoy the date and show interest afterwards if you like the person.
Carney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 05:03 AM   #9
gineeinthebottle

gineeinthebottle is on a distinguished road
BugEyedLove

Yes, first impressions really matters. Because from first impressions, you'll know whether you'll like the person or not. But sometimes if your first impression is good, and as time goes by he'll find out that you're just pretending, it's disappointing. But it's okay. If a person liked you on your fist meet, he'll have sleepless nights thinking about you because that first impression you left was astonishing.
gineeinthebottle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:53 AM   #10
charming061

charming061 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by devendra3047 View Post
on my first date i went to see the whackiest movie ever.
and i had a MCPUFF of mc donalds and because of its hot filling i dropped it on my clothes.
but still i can say it is love that matters not the physical appearance.

please search this on youtube

Bachelors Abroad National Geographic Reality show featuring A Foreign Affair and John Adams
charming061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:54 AM   #11
charming061

Try your best again!!
Old 03-12-2013, 10:02 AM   #12
charming061

Default Bachelors Abroad National Geographic Reality show featuring A Foreign Affair and John

Quote:
Originally Posted by khate View Post
So show the real you. If they loved you at first sight then they should love you more when they get to know you better. Because I believe that love sees everything even flaws but it doesn't mind.

TRy to see this!!!
Old 04-16-2013, 06:07 AM   #13
danielbrown

danielbrown is on a distinguished road

I don’t believe in love at first sight. But yeah First Impressions really matters a lot. You can win his/her heart with this. How you talk, walk, behave and Present yourself, are counted in the first meeting. I personally think that if anyone is going on a first date, He/she must follow the Dos and Don’ts of this to have a perfect time..
danielbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 02:02 PM   #14
danielbrown

danielbrown is on a distinguished road

I agree that the first impression is meant to be the last impression hence in the first date you should be confident. Always present a person what you really are do not create a fake personality for yourself. Take care of the conversation and the conversation topic. Sometimes poor conversation leads towaorsa a bad ending.
danielbrown is offline   Reply With Quote