Visit our other forums: Orchid Forum Gardening Forums Bonsai Forum Citrus Forum Fat Cat Forum Appraisers Forum Vegatarian Forum Disney Forum Hawaii Forum

awkward first kiss - Relationship, Dating Forums, Advice on Love
     Relationship, Dating Forums, Advice on Love
Go Back   Relationship, Dating Forums, Advice on Love > Love & Relationships > Kisses

Kisses They say a kiss is worth a thousand words. Come share your kiss stories, experiences, anything do to with the KISS!

Old 09-18-2009, 04:44 AM   #1
esm1976

esm1976 is on a distinguished road
Default awkward first kiss

So here's my situation. I've been dating this guy for almost a month, and tonight we kissed for the first time. He is the first guy I've ever been with, so I didn't know what to expect. So here's my question. Is it normal for the first kiss to be a bit awkward, or should I say, less than perfect? Don't get me wrong. It wasn't horrible. It's not that I could never do it again with him. But I'm wondering how we can get better at this. The thing is that I am absolutely certain that I love him, even though it is very early in our relationship. He is the most wonderful man. He's kind, patient, loving, and honest, and he truly respects me and considers it a privelege to be with me. He loves me, and I feel the same about him. And every thing else we have done physically has been perfect. When he holds me or puts his arms around me or touches me in any way, it is absolutely wonderful! It feels so right, and so good. Any thoughts?
esm1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 11:36 AM   #2
**Sapphire**
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future

I think alot of times a first kiss is a bit awkward because 1 or the other person or maybe even both are a little nervous etc..

The only way for the kissing to get better is to relax the next time you 2 kiss & just practice. Everytime you 2 kiss from here on out, it should get better as you 2 will relax more & then find out what each other likes about kissing.
Old 09-19-2009, 03:47 PM   #3
PhilipTurner

PhilipTurner is on a distinguished road

Yeah Sapph's right. You just gotta get more comfortable with each other.. Everyone kisses differently so sometimes even someone like me with more experience has to go through the same thing with a new partner.

It'll get better the more you do it and get used to it.
PhilipTurner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 03:13 AM   #4
nickyQ
Banned

nickyQ is on a distinguished road

yes,it is really awful to me and my boyfriend,i was too nervous ,so was him.
nickyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 03:29 PM   #5
dawningstar

dawningstar will become famous soon enoughdawningstar will become famous soon enough

You have to practise, practise and more practise lol.... kissing is like a fine wine better with age....
Old 12-21-2009, 04:36 PM   #6
lovesyntax

lovesyntax is on a distinguished road

first kiss nothing to be relax, lol, but very memorable. next kiss you will relax & enjoy. the next again time to practice show your lips in the front of mirror, lol. basically kissing is amazing.
lovesyntax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 03:27 PM   #7
jaxky

jaxky is on a distinguished road

everything has trials and errors, including a first kiss,

it is okay, it means that you both are really sincere in this relationship, keep going..
jaxky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 09:15 PM   #8
moschino

moschino is on a distinguished road

I know how you feel. I went through the exact same thing as you 3 months ago. My bf is very experienced and loves kissing but i'm just a newbie.
He is very patient and encouraging. I was very tense at first but as time goes on you'd get the hang on it so dont worry.
moschino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 11:20 PM   #9
raybork
Love Struck

raybork has a spectacular aura aboutraybork has a spectacular aura about

Yes that first kiss can be really awkward. I still remember my first kiss,it's a wonder I didn't explode from the stress, I was seven years old,and it was full on the lips!
The problem was, I had planned it, just be spontaneous, and enjoy your growing relationship, awkward moments and everything!
raybork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 10:29 PM   #10
tatertotslove

tatertotslove is on a distinguished road

It's always awkward the first time. Once you guys get used to each other and understand what you each like it will get much better. If there are still things that bother you then tell him. If you really do love him and he loves you then it's worth it. Communication is sooo important!
tatertotslove is offline   Reply With Quote