Visit our other forums: Orchid Forum Gardening Forums Bonsai Forum Citrus Forum Fat Cat Forum Appraisers Forum Vegatarian Forum Disney Forum Hawaii Forum

Can you have male friends? - Relationship, Dating Forums, Advice on Love
     Relationship, Dating Forums, Advice on Love
Go Back   Relationship, Dating Forums, Advice on Love > Love & Relationships > Alternative Lifestyle

Alternative Lifestyle A forum for anyone in an "alternative lifestyle" (gay, lesbian, bi-sexual, etc.). A place where you can ask questions and get advice without judgement.

Old 12-04-2006, 04:52 PM   #1
cayden

cayden is on a distinguished road
Default Can you have male friends?

Hi everyone I'm male xxx I just want to know what any of you think I tend to have quite a lot of male friends but when I get a boyfriend they hate it and no longer want me to talk to them do you think this is right?
cayden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 06:33 PM   #2
Tuxie

Tuxie is on a distinguished road

The first thought that popped into my head was.... are they jealous? Is this the reason they get upset?

In answer to your question... no, I don't think it's right.
Old 12-04-2006, 06:46 PM   #3
Tuxgal

Smile

First off, Welcome to the ATLF. As for your question well, do you change any? Do you act differently toward them or not want to do things with them as much? No, it's not right that they act that way. Have you asked them why they do that?
Old 01-01-2007, 08:24 PM   #4
aussiecoffee007
Love Guru
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

aussiecoffee007 will become famous soon enoughaussiecoffee007 will become famous soon enough

no, you cant really dump your friends for your boyfriend, or vice versa... its sort of about the balance you know? its not right to make someone choose either way.
aussiecoffee007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 08:36 PM   #5
smackie9

smackie9 is on a distinguished road

I understand where you are coming from. Your bf is just going to have to know that your friends are a part of you, and your life. And telling you to end your friendships for them is down right selfish. Maybe when you start a new relationship, make it known that you do have male friends and that they are just friends. If they can't handle it then that just means that they can't trust you. And we all know you can't have a loving relationship without trust.
Old 01-10-2007, 01:30 AM   #6
Victoria Morgan

Victoria Morgan is on a distinguished road

They may just like your company and are afraid they will lose your friendship if you spend a lot of time with your BF. It's a strange reacton it seems but you must be a great person as a friend. Guys can be funny like that sometimes. Victoria
Victoria Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 05:27 PM   #7
anniemov

anniemov is on a distinguished road

why not?
If we take it from another point of view, if you were a girl, does that mean after you get a bf, you can't have anymore male friends?
Sorry for the bad analogy, I just want to say, everyone should have the right to make friends, if a friend can't accept who you are, then they are not truly a friend.