Visit our other forums: Orchid Forum Gardening Forums Bonsai Forum Citrus Forum Fat Cat Forum Appraisers Forum Vegatarian Forum Disney Forum Hawaii Forum

What are you reading... - Relationship, Dating Forums, Advice on Love
     Relationship, Dating Forums, Advice on Love
Go Back   Relationship, Dating Forums, Advice on Love > Generally Speaking > Literature Talk

Literature Talk This is the forum where we talk about books, poetry, short stories...anything to do with literature. Have you read something that you really enjoyed? Come on by & share it with us.

Old 01-28-2009, 04:12 PM   #1
**Sapphire**
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future
Default What are you reading...

I thought it might be fun to share with us what you are currently or have finished up reading. Feel free to give us a review of the book you read as well.

I just finished up reading "Deep Midnight" by Shannon Drake

It was pretty good, it's about modern day vampires, on the whole a pretty good fiction novel. It's a series, but I didn't get the other books yet, although I may soon.
Old 02-01-2009, 03:55 PM   #2
rubybliel

rubybliel is just really nicerubybliel is just really nicerubybliel is just really nicerubybliel is just really nice

The Origin of Consciousness in the Breakdown of the Bicameral Mind by Julian Jaynes. Fascinating and thought provoking too. Is consciousness really the seat of reason?
rubybliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 01:25 AM   #3
Pink
Love Guru
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Pink is a glorious beacon of lightPink is a glorious beacon of lightPink is a glorious beacon of lightPink is a glorious beacon of lightPink is a glorious beacon of light

Velocity by Dean Koontz.
Old 02-04-2009, 01:31 PM   #4
**Sapphire**
Photobucket

**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future

I'm reading "Expose'" by Laura Van Wormer.

It's pretty good so far, it's about this writer for a small Connecticut newspaper that gets asked to write a big story for a high magazine in NY. She goes back & forth between NY & CT all the while realizing that her big job doing the story for the magazine isn't what it's cracked up to be. Plus she is finding out more information on how her father died many years ago.
Old 02-05-2009, 11:36 PM   #5
aussiecoffee007
Love Guru

aussiecoffee007 will become famous soon enoughaussiecoffee007 will become famous soon enough

im reading measure for measure by shakespeare. ive heard its one of his best despite it not being too well known, and i just finished it. i have to say, i quite like it!!

its about justice, law, corruption, judgment, everything. very good.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:56 PM   #6
otta

otta is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiecoffee007 View Post
im reading measure for measure by shakespeare. ive heard its one of his best despite it not being too well known, and i just finished it. i have to say, i quite like it!!

its about justice, law, corruption, judgment, everything. very good.
Ooh yeah I quite liked that one... even though we studied it at school
Not reading anything atm othere than books about the Bronze Age as I have to do an essay about that.
But would reccomend reading The Magician's Guild trilogy by Trudi Canavan, one of my all time favourites
otta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 12:46 AM   #7
aussiecoffee007
Love Guru

aussiecoffee007 will become famous soon enoughaussiecoffee007 will become famous soon enough

yeah i thought it was one of his best!!
Old 03-04-2009, 02:08 PM   #8
**Sapphire**
Photobucket

I just stared reading "Shadows at Sunset" by Anne Stuart
Old 04-27-2009, 06:36 PM   #9
**Sapphire**
Photobucket

I am currently reading "The Best of Enemies" By Taylor Smith
Old 08-12-2009, 03:34 AM   #10
Pink
Love Guru

Pink is a glorious beacon of lightPink is a glorious beacon of lightPink is a glorious beacon of lightPink is a glorious beacon of lightPink is a glorious beacon of light

I started In The Woods by Tana French and I'm having a hard time getting into it.
Old 08-12-2009, 12:35 PM   #11
**Sapphire**
Photobucket

I'm currently reading "Bone Cold" by Erica Spindler. It's a book I've read before, but it's been so long that I can't even remember it. LOL...I've read so many books over time that it's like new to me again.
Old 08-25-2009, 03:25 PM   #12
justaperson

justaperson is on a distinguished road

I love reading. I'm currently reading Atlas Shrugged
justaperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 01:38 PM   #13
**Sapphire**
Photobucket

I love to read as well justaperson.

Right now I'm reading "The Alibi" by Sandra Brown
Old 11-02-2009, 04:51 PM   #14
Phunky

Phunky is on a distinguished road

I'm currently reading "Angels and Demons" by Dan Brown. I've been very surprised by how good it is.
Phunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 04:43 PM   #15
Pink
Love Guru

I'm not reading anything right now and I'm kind of sad! Usually I have a few books laying around, but I'm empty handed at the moment.
Pink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 06:59 PM   #16
**Sapphire**
Photobucket

I know what you mean Pink, the few times I was without a book I was going crazy.

Right now I'm reading "On the Street where you Live" by Mary Higgins Clark
Old 11-09-2009, 03:58 AM   #17
Pink
Love Guru

There's an old shop in my area that sells books for like a quarter! Of course they aren't brand new off the shelf, but I've found some great material that way.
Pink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 12:49 PM   #18
**Sapphire**
Photobucket

You can get some good books in stores like that Pink. The store in my work building used to sell used books very cheap. That's where I got alot of my books, that & going to garage sales on occasion.

I also belonged to a book club many years ago that would send 3 paperback books out each month. The draw back was I didn't pick them, but I was in the club for a couple years & I have to say only a handful of books I didn't like out of all of them.
Old 11-17-2009, 11:23 AM   #19
aces88
Photobucket

aces88 is a name known to allaces88 is a name known to allaces88 is a name known to allaces88 is a name known to allaces88 is a name known to allaces88 is a name known to all

One of my favorite books I love reading from time to time is The Count Of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas. A classic about love, betrayal, and revenge.

- Harrison Ford
aces88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 02:00 PM   #20
**Sapphire**
Photobucket

I'm now reading "Remember Me", by Mary Higgins Clark
Old 05-14-2010, 12:14 PM   #21
**Sapphire**
Photobucket

I am currently reading "The Inheritance" by Jasmine Cresswell
Old 06-20-2010, 09:37 PM   #22
QuestionableContent

QuestionableContent is on a distinguished road

Vlad by C. C. Humphreys.

It's about Vlad "The Impaler" Tepes and so far very good
Old 06-21-2010, 12:11 PM   #23
**Sapphire**
Photobucket

I'm currently reading "The Daughter" by Jasmine Cresswell.
Old 07-14-2010, 12:49 AM   #24
NightfireGirl
Jari-Matti Fan

NightfireGirl has a spectacular aura aboutNightfireGirl has a spectacular aura about

My World In Pictures & Words by Peter Andre
NightfireGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 12:44 PM   #25
**Sapphire**
Photobucket

Beautiful Lies By Emilie Richards
Old 12-08-2010, 12:08 PM   #26
Jessabella

Jessabella will become famous soon enough

Currently reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, for like the third time! Saw the film recently too and thought it was brilliant - the best of them all.
Jessabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 12:33 PM   #27
**Sapphire**
Photobucket

I'm currently reading "A Cold Day in July" by Stella Cameron
Old 01-26-2012, 01:21 PM   #28
JeremiahBae
Love Struck

JeremiahBae is on a distinguished road

Catch-22 by Joseph Heller for the freakin fourth time in a row...amazing...
JeremiahBae is offline   Reply With Quote