Visit our other forums: Orchid Forum Gardening Forums Bonsai Forum Citrus Forum Fat Cat Forum Appraisers Forum Vegatarian Forum Disney Forum Hawaii Forum

My turn to be brave - Relationship, Dating Forums, Advice on Love
     Relationship, Dating Forums, Advice on Love
Go Back   Relationship, Dating Forums, Advice on Love > Generally Speaking > Literature Talk > Creative Writing

Creative Writing Do you write poetry, short stories? This is the forum to post any kind of creative writings that you would like to share with us.

Old 09-13-2007, 01:43 PM   #1
TracyJ
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

TracyJ will become famous soon enoughTracyJ will become famous soon enough
Default My turn to be brave

Penguin woman has been very brave in sharing her pictures with you all so I think it's time I should share with you some of mine

Hee Hee

So here's a link to my facebook account so you can see lots of scary pictures of me and my friends lol

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515586971

Hope you like them

( It seems you need to have an account to view them though sorry guys x )

Last edited by TracyJ; 09-13-2007 at 01:44 PM. Reason: Stupid facebook
TracyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 02:01 PM   #2
Penguin_Woman
Love Machine

Penguin_Woman is on a distinguished road

Oh...that sux. I don't have facebook. Well, ty for tryin though, Teej. I doubt they are scary.
Old 09-13-2007, 02:02 PM   #3
TracyJ
Photobucket

Maybe Tuxie can help me with putting them in a thread...I am a little to blonde for that
Old 09-13-2007, 02:10 PM   #4
daisychip
ATLF Sweetheart

daisychip is a jewel in the roughdaisychip is a jewel in the roughdaisychip is a jewel in the roughdaisychip is a jewel in the rough

darn I missed out on the picture deal...................I would"ve like to seen............of course I don't have any accounts other than this one, so I can't share except in the avatar maybe.
daisychip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 02:21 PM   #5
TracyJ
Photobucket

Well you can have a look viz the link if you have a facebook???

I am going to see if Tuxie can help me put some piccies in a thread as he is clever so there will be pictures soon
Old 09-13-2007, 03:01 PM   #6
**Sapphire**
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future

Darn, don't have a facebook account, but hopefully you can get the pic situation squared away soon with Tuxie's help Teej.

Although if you wanted to you could open up a free account at photobucket.com & you can host the pictures there. From there you would be able to post the pictures in your thread.
Old 09-13-2007, 03:23 PM   #7
TracyJ
Photobucket

Oooh good plan Sapphire...Maybe I shall do that
Old 09-13-2007, 04:11 PM   #8
stoner
Photobucket

stoner is a glorious beacon of lightstoner is a glorious beacon of lightstoner is a glorious beacon of lightstoner is a glorious beacon of lightstoner is a glorious beacon of lightstoner is a glorious beacon of light

I can't see it ... unfortunately, I don't have a facebook account.

I wonder if we can have a members gallery/thread where we can post our photographs? But make it exclusively for members only, that an additional sign-in protocol with limited privileges for newbies and inactive members, might be necessary to avoid being the subject of outsiders' prying eyes. Also make it an option that if a member's been inactive for quite sometime, then the photos he/she posted will be deleted without further notice. If this is possible, I wouldn't mind sharing mine as well.

"I believe there's a ghost of a chance. We Can find someone to love, and make it last..."
[Peart/Lee/Lifeson] [from Ghost Of A Chance by Rush]
stoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 05:30 PM   #9
**Sapphire**
Photobucket

**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoner View Post
I can't see it ... unfortunately, I don't have a facebook account.

I wonder if we can have a members gallery/thread where we can post our photographs? But make it exclusively for members only, that an additional sign-in protocol with limited privileges for newbies and inactive members, might be necessary to avoid being the subject of outsiders' prying eyes. Also make it an option that if a member's been inactive for quite sometime, then the photos he/she posted will be deleted without further notice. If this is possible, I wouldn't mind sharing mine as well.

That might be a good idea stoner. I will have a chat with Penguin & see what she thinks, maybe have her check out your post here as well.
Old 09-13-2007, 05:36 PM   #10
Penguin_Woman
Love Machine

I'm cool with it...maybe have a talk with Tuxie...maybe he could set us up a website or something. He is very clever as Teej said
Old 09-13-2007, 07:22 PM   #11
daisychip
ATLF Sweetheart

daisychip is a jewel in the roughdaisychip is a jewel in the roughdaisychip is a jewel in the roughdaisychip is a jewel in the rough

I like that idea as well stoner. I would love to see the faces of my supports.
Old 09-13-2007, 11:29 PM   #12
Tuxie

Tuxie is on a distinguished road

I shall think on it... and get back to you.
Old 09-14-2007, 08:16 AM   #13
TracyJ
Photobucket

Cool...I am really liking this idea...Especially the fact that only regular posters will be able to see the photos.
Old 09-20-2007, 10:42 PM   #14
Tuxie

Tuxie is on a distinguished road

Ahhh... here it is! I've been looking everywhere for this thread. I guess it was wiped out by the server backup.

I've been doing some investigating on this subject. I've comtimplated both an 'on site' photo thread and an 'external' photo sharing site (well, actually several). If we set up one on ATLF, we could password protect it so that only those with the password could access it. We could do something like, only allow those 'Super Members' with 500 posts or more to have access. This way, people couldn't just wander onto the site and see who is who. Most of us (me included) like the idea of anonymity and I don't like the idea of 'Joe Blow' joining the forum just to spy around a bit. As far as I know... the photos would hafta be 'stored' or 'hosted' on another site (one I like for storage is OmniDrive). But, we could still add them to regular posts in our new Photos thread.

If you guys are willing, I would offer my services to set this up... and maintain it. 'Tis just a thought. Let me know.

EDIT: It wouldn't hafta be 500 posts, I just threw that out there for a number. It could be any amount us Mods and Admins agree on.
Old 09-20-2007, 10:55 PM   #15
TracyJ
Photobucket

Sounds like a good idea to me Tuxie...I would be up for that
Old 09-20-2007, 11:05 PM   #16
Penguin_Woman
Love Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuxie View Post
Ahhh... here it is! I've been looking everywhere for this thread. I guess it was wiped out by the server backup.

I've been doing some investigating on this subject. I've comtimplated both an 'on site' photo thread and an 'external' photo sharing site (well, actually several). If we set up one on ATLF, we could password protect it so that only those with the password could access it. We could do something like, only allow those 'Super Members' with 500 posts or more to have access. This way, people couldn't just wander onto the site and see who is who. Most of us (me included) like the idea of anonymity and I don't like the idea of 'Joe Blow' joining the forum just to spy around a bit. As far as I know... the photos would hafta be 'stored' or 'hosted' on another site (one I like for storage is OmniDrive). But, we could still add them to regular posts in our new Photos thread.

If you guys are willing, I would offer my services to set this up... and maintain it. 'Tis just a thought. Let me know.

EDIT: It wouldn't hafta be 500 posts, I just threw that out there for a number. It could be any amount us Mods and Admins agree on.
Sounds great you sexy techie
Old 09-21-2007, 12:29 AM   #17
**Sapphire**
Photobucket

Sounds like a good plan to me Tuxie.
Old 09-21-2007, 12:45 AM   #18
daisychip
ATLF Sweetheart

I like the plan even if it would preclude me for awhile. I love the forum and will be around so I'll get there one day.