Visit our other forums: Orchid Forum Gardening Forums Bonsai Forum Citrus Forum Fat Cat Forum Appraisers Forum Vegatarian Forum Disney Forum Hawaii Forum

Charles Dickens - Relationship, Dating Forums, Advice on Love
     Relationship, Dating Forums, Advice on Love
Go Back   Relationship, Dating Forums, Advice on Love > Generally Speaking > Literature Talk

Literature Talk This is the forum where we talk about books, poetry, short stories...anything to do with literature. Have you read something that you really enjoyed? Come on by & share it with us.

Old 01-23-2009, 06:31 PM   #1
rubybliel

rubybliel is just really nicerubybliel is just really nicerubybliel is just really nicerubybliel is just really nice
Tongue Charles Dickens

This author probably needs no introduction - his work was done in weekly instalments for the main part so chapters tended to be designed with that in mind

Who has favourites amongst his works? Mine would be Oliver Twist, Nicholas Nickleby for a very spirited protagonist, or David Copperfield if one prefers a first person narrative or perhapsGreat Expectations if David Copperfield is too naive and sweet a narrator.

I cite those four in particular for my own preference. I would suppose A Christmas Carol must be his best known, but it cannot really compare.
rubybliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 07:59 PM   #2
**Sapphire**
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future

I read Great Expectations in high school & I did enjoy it.
Old 01-23-2009, 08:44 PM   #3
Cyberpunk

Cyberpunk has a spectacular aura aboutCyberpunk has a spectacular aura about

A Tale of Two Cities. Nothing else comes close.
"I was half in love with her by the time we sat down. That's the thing about girls. Every time they do something pretty, even if they're not much to look at, or even if they're sort of stupid, you fall half in love with them, and then you never know where the hell you are. Girls. Jesus Christ. They can drive you crazy. They really can." - A Catcher in the Rye
Cyberpunk is offline   Reply With Quote