Visit our other forums: Orchid Forum Gardening Forums Bonsai Forum Citrus Forum Fat Cat Forum Appraisers Forum Vegatarian Forum Disney Forum Hawaii Forum

I'm worried my gf has lost interest: please help - Relationship, Dating Forums, Advice on Love
     Relationship, Dating Forums, Advice on Love
Go Back   Relationship, Dating Forums, Advice on Love > Love & Relationships > Long Distance Relationships

Long Distance Relationships Are you in a long distance relationship? You need some help in coping with missing your loved one? Come on in here & talk to us about it.

Old 10-26-2011, 05:09 AM   #1
ARoar

ARoar is on a distinguished road
Default I'm worried my gf has lost interest: please help

Hello everyone, I'm in a really stressful quandary with my girlfriend. For starters, I am 18 and a freshman in a college about 1 hour away from my gf, who is 16. We went to the same very small high school, and have been together for 4 months. The first 2 months were the summer, and they were absolutely incredible. We were together all the time, and when we weren't together we were at least in communication. We decided around early August to continue our relationship into the school year, making it a distance relationship. Up until last week, I felt the same love and attachment for her as I did from the summer and felt the same from her. But in the past week, she'd progressively seemed more distant. She didn't reciprocate my saying "I miss you" or any compliments, and had been very ambiguous towards coming up on Friday to visit. It came to a head last night, she called me and explained that she wasn't sure she felt "the spark" we used to have anymore. I really miss and love her, but I fear my feelings are way more intense than hers. We've only gotten to be together once in the past month, and even then she was sick and unable to really devote her attention to our time together. I'm afraid to lose her because I know it will hurt, and we are going to get together this Friday to talk face to face about her issues. I'm always open with her and encourage her to do the same, but I don't know what I can do differently because she won't communicate to me. Please, any input would be appreciated!
ARoar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 11:14 AM   #2
**Sapphire**
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future

Welcome to ATLF, glad that you joined us here.

Well bascially when she comes to see you, you 2 really do need to sit down & have a talk. She needs to talk to you about how she's feeling so you 2 can make some decisions.
Old 10-26-2011, 06:42 PM   #3
ARoar

ARoar is on a distinguished road

Thank you Sapphire, both for the welcoming and advice! I really agree, I'm just nervous that she is not convinced for whatever reason that we could still be together and still have that connection. Hoping it can be re-established when we get together, but I don't know what to do for that to happen/have a chance of happening. I'm just going to be totally open with her and encourage her to do the same.
ARoar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 11:23 AM   #4
**Sapphire**
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future

Sounds like a good idea. Best of luck in your talk, come on back & update us.