Visit our other forums: Orchid Forum Gardening Forums Bonsai Forum Citrus Forum Fat Cat Forum Appraisers Forum Vegatarian Forum Disney Forum Hawaii Forum

Last Movie - Page 2 - Relationship, Dating Forums, Advice on Love
     Relationship, Dating Forums, Advice on Love
Go Back   Relationship, Dating Forums, Advice on Love > Generally Speaking > Entertainment ~ Movies-TV

Entertainment ~ Movies-TV Come on by & have a chat about movies & television.

Old 12-05-2007, 04:28 PM   #41
Pink
Love Guru
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Pink is a glorious beacon of lightPink is a glorious beacon of lightPink is a glorious beacon of lightPink is a glorious beacon of lightPink is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglebaseball View Post
omg lol. I love ratatouille. I saw that, expecting it to be horrible, but I loved it. That's how I was about Cars. I thought it was going to be crap, but I ended up loving that movie.
I bought Ratatouille for a friend for Christmas so hopefully she'll like it. I loved Cars and bought that too!
Old 12-05-2007, 06:24 PM   #42
TracyJ
Photobucket

TracyJ will become famous soon enoughTracyJ will become famous soon enough

Aww you buy nice Christmas presents Pink..That's sweet of you.

I watched Just like Heaven again yesterday. Such a sweet little film.
TracyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 07:20 AM   #43
eaglebaseball

eaglebaseball will become famous soon enough

Well, my friends and I went to the movies, and the two girls that were there wanted to see "This Christmas" so we agreed. We sat there for 45 minutes, and I was bored to death, but I didn't want to say anything. Finally, Erin (the girl I like) just asked everybody "does anyone else want to leave, this movie sucks" and we were all like "thank god, this is horrible"

So this christmas sucked. Then we went into Awake.

That was a really good movie. I didn't see how they woudl make a movie about a guy being awake during surgery, but it was really interesting, kind of a Deja Vu esque story. It was definitely very cool. I would recommend it to anyone who likes those intellectual type movies.
Old 12-06-2007, 05:10 PM   #44
Pink
Love Guru

Pink is a glorious beacon of lightPink is a glorious beacon of lightPink is a glorious beacon of lightPink is a glorious beacon of lightPink is a glorious beacon of light

I watched Vacancy with Luke Wilson and Kate Beckinsale (my fave) a few nights ago. It was an okay movie, but I don't think I'd watch it again.
Old 12-06-2007, 06:25 PM   #45
TracyJ
Photobucket

Yeah Vacancy is pretty rubbish I wouldn't watch it more than once
Old 12-08-2007, 07:21 PM   #46
**Sapphire**
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future

I watched "Failure to Launch". It has Matthew Mcchonahey (SP), that alone makes the movie good! It was cute, I enjoyed watching it, it's a nice love story. It will go into my favorites that I will watch over & over.
Old 12-14-2007, 02:45 PM   #47
**Sapphire**
Photobucket

**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future

I watched "Deck the Halls" on Tuesday evening. It was really cute, no wonder it did pretty good in the theaters when it was out.
Old 12-14-2007, 03:11 PM   #48
Tony
Photobucket

Tony will become famous soon enoughTony will become famous soon enough

I watched " Predator " tonight with good old Arni thats about the fourth time I have seen that movie.
Old 12-15-2007, 07:01 PM   #49
**Sapphire**
Photobucket

LOL...Tony my guy likes that movie, I think he's seen it as much as you have!

Last night I watched "Monster in-Law" with Jennifer Lopez & Jane Fonda. It was pretty cute, I would reccomend it & will be watching it again too.
Old 12-16-2007, 02:04 AM   #50
DarkPrince

DarkPrince will become famous soon enough

Watched Ghostbusteres 1 and 2 last night.

Loved the first, didn't like the 2nd that much....
DarkPrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 05:20 PM   #51
**Sapphire**
Photobucket

I watched Spiderman 3 last night. It was pretty good, the special effects were pretty cool.
Old 12-16-2007, 11:08 PM   #52
TracyJ
Photobucket

I just went and watched the Golden Compass...It was a really nice movie Now I am watching Monster In Law...Your right Sapphire it is a nice movie..after reading that you watched it I decided to watch it again
Old 12-16-2007, 11:46 PM   #53
**Sapphire**
Photobucket

I'm glad that you are liking Monster In Law Teej hun. I think Jane Fonda & Jennifer Lopez make a good connection in the movie. I'm not a huge fan of Jennifer Lopez's movies, but there are a couple that I do like.
Old 12-23-2007, 09:39 PM   #54
**Sapphire**
Photobucket

I watched "Dreamgirls" yesterday. It actually was a pretty good movie, Jennifer Hudson was very good for her first time acting & in a movie too. I would recommend it.
Old 12-24-2007, 02:52 PM   #55
lilcupid

lilcupid is on a distinguished road

I watched "Premonition" for the second time last night. A very sad movie but one worth watching
“This is my wish for you: Comfort on difficult days, smiles when sadness intrudes, rainbows to follow the clouds, laughter to kiss your lips, sunsets to warm your heart, hugs when spirits sag, beauty for your eyes to see, friendships to brighten your being, faith so that you can believe, confidence for when you doubt, courage to know yourself, patience to accept the truth, Love to complete your life.”
lilcupid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 05:32 PM   #56
**Sapphire**
Photobucket

I watched "Music & Lyrics" last night. It was ok, I'm not a huge Hugh Grant fan, but he was ok in the movie.
Old 01-06-2008, 10:12 PM   #57
**Sapphire**
Photobucket

I watched "Die Hard w/a Vengance" last night. Very good action movie, Bruce Willis kicked butt as usual.

Today I watched "Step Up". It was a cute high school movie about dancing.
Old 01-07-2008, 12:50 AM   #58
TracyJ
Photobucket

I just watched Stardust again...it's such a nice fantasy film
Old 01-10-2008, 07:22 PM   #59
Pink
Love Guru

I watched Flight Plan a few nights ago. I like Jodie Foster so I thought it was pretty good.
Old 01-10-2008, 10:10 PM   #60
TracyJ
Photobucket

I watched Enchanted last night..It was great..Part Disney film part real life..Disney characters pulled into the real world..It was great..A genius idea..It was so good I am going again at the weekend..Hee Hee..I like all the kid films..I'll never grow up
Old 01-11-2008, 07:35 PM   #61
stoner
Photobucket

stoner is a glorious beacon of lightstoner is a glorious beacon of lightstoner is a glorious beacon of lightstoner is a glorious beacon of lightstoner is a glorious beacon of lightstoner is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by **Sapphire** View Post
I watched "Die Hard w/a Vengance" last night. Very good action movie, Bruce Willis kicked butt as usual.

Today I watched "Step Up". It was a cute high school movie about dancing.
Funny to note that Blockbuster mistakenly sent that video at my mailbox last weekend, instead of "Live Free or Die Hard." Nevertheless, I went to see it and it turned out to be a very good action film. Samuel L. Jackson played a very good role alongside Bruce in this film.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Teej~ View Post
I just watched Stardust again...it's such a nice fantasy film
That was the last film that I saw on video. It turned out to be a pleasant surprise, and was mesmerized by Yvaine's (portrayed nicely by Claire Daines) monologue inside the caravan. It may sound crazy, but I went and grabbed a pen and wrote that monologue as she was saying it ... crazy enough that I posted it on a thread in this forum.

"I believe there's a ghost of a chance. We Can find someone to love, and make it last..."
[Peart/Lee/Lifeson] [from Ghost Of A Chance by Rush]
stoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 08:13 PM   #62
**Sapphire**
Photobucket

I have seen "Live Free or Die Hard" too stoner, I enjoyed it, it was a good action movie.
Old 01-14-2008, 02:40 PM   #63
lilcupid

I went and saw "I Am Legend" last Thursday. I found it very average. Not what I expected at all
“This is my wish for you: Comfort on difficult days, smiles when sadness intrudes, rainbows to follow the clouds, laughter to kiss your lips, sunsets to warm your heart, hugs when spirits sag, beauty for your eyes to see, friendships to brighten your being, faith so that you can believe, confidence for when you doubt, courage to know yourself, patience to accept the truth, Love to complete your life.”
Old 01-16-2008, 09:05 PM   #64
Pink
Love Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilcupid View Post
I went and saw "I Am Legend" last Thursday. I found it very average. Not what I expected at all
Really? I've heard good and bad about the movie. My sister really liked it.
Old 01-22-2008, 02:01 PM   #65
**Sapphire**
Photobucket

I watched the movie "Wild Hogs" on Sunday. I really enjoyed it, I would recommend that movie for you all to watch.
Old 01-26-2008, 10:42 PM   #66
**Sapphire**
Photobucket

I watched the movie 3:10 to Yuma, very good movie, I enjoyed it very much.

I also watched earlier this AM Music & Lyrics, it was good too.
Old 02-01-2008, 03:44 AM   #67
stoner
Photobucket

stoner is a glorious beacon of lightstoner is a glorious beacon of lightstoner is a glorious beacon of lightstoner is a glorious beacon of lightstoner is a glorious beacon of lightstoner is a glorious beacon of light

I've recently taken an interest in either fantasy-based or pure adrenaline-filled action films lately.

I finally got to see "Live Free or Die Hard." It's amazing to note that Bruce hasn't lost his touch as he reprise his role as an NYPD cop, with his infamous phrase "Yippe-kai-yay ------------!"

I also got to see "The Last Legion." The very beginning was based on the short reign of Rome's last Caesar, and then took off on a story of its own during his exile in Capri. He made his escape, and traveled with a few loyal followers north to Britannia in search of the last Roman stronghold. The film concluded with the beginning to the legend of King Arthur and his sword Excalibur.

"I believe there's a ghost of a chance. We Can find someone to love, and make it last..."
Old 02-03-2008, 09:24 PM   #68
TracyJ
Photobucket

Sweeney Todd...I loved it I love the musicals and this was so great...As usual Tim, Johnny and Helen are amazing.

If you love musicals see it...It's not tooooo gory really...If you don't like musicals you prolly won't think it's that great, but I really did

I have a week off work soon and I think I am going to go up to london for a few days to see some musicals and really cheer myself up
Old 02-03-2008, 11:09 PM   #69
**Sapphire**
Photobucket

I watched 2 good movies this weekend. Last night after I got off of here I watched "The Green Mile", VERY good movie, I cried!

Then just a little bit ago I watched "The Bourne Ultimatum", it was good too, I like Matt Damon.
Old 02-04-2008, 01:59 AM   #70
stoner
Photobucket

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Teej~ View Post
Sweeney Todd...I loved it I love the musicals and this was so great...As usual Tim, Johnny and Helen are amazing.

If you love musicals see it...It's not tooooo gory really...If you don't like musicals you prolly won't think it's that great, but I really did

I have a week off work soon and I think I am going to go up to london for a few days to see some musicals and really cheer myself up
Sweeney Todd is a classic! I call the musical disgustingly funny, but worth spending money to go and see it ... even better, be in it.

I took a musical theatre course back in college as an elective. I never realized that acting was such hard work, but it turned out to be really nice experience. Our final exam was a full production of a musical, and my classmates and I unanimously voted for Sweeney Todd. I played the role of Tobias ... I will never forget that great evening.

Old 02-04-2008, 08:42 PM   #71
TracyJ
Photobucket

That sounds like It was a lot of fun Stoner...I would have liked to have seen it..lol

I would like to go and see it on stage but it's not on over here...At least to my knowledge anyway

I loved the movie though..I like musicals a lot
Old 02-05-2008, 05:30 AM   #72
stoner
Photobucket

At that time, the class had to choose either Sweeney Todd, Kiss Me Kate, or My Fair Lady. Considering that a good of my classmates at that time were into this "gothic" thing, they liked the thought of a musical that's both eerie and entertaining ... ha ha. Nevertheless, I did enjoyed that performance. There was great "chemistry" between the girl who played Mrs. Lovett and me when we were on stage ... umm, I didn't think my gf took that quite well ... lol

That's cool that you're into musicals. I'm sure the productions there at London are more spectacular than the ones that are here on Broadway ... at least, that's the impression that I'm getting from it.

I'll see a musical every now and then. When I used to live in rural upstate NY, I always looked forward (or at least aspired) to see a musical production on Broadway. Now that I live within driving distance from it, I don't even pay much attention to it. These days, we'll see a musical when either the show's about to close, or we have visitors from out of town who's thrilled to see one.

To date, I've seen Miss Saigon, Cats, Phantom of the Opera, The Music Man, Chicago, Anything Goes, Les Miserables, Amadeus, Beauty and the Beast, The Producers ... dang, I must be going senile? lol

Old 02-10-2008, 05:00 PM   #73
**Sapphire**
Photobucket

Yesterday was movie day for us.

We watched 3 pretty good movies.

First 1 was "I am Legend" with Will Smith, good movie, scary to think that something like that could happen these days.

Second 1 was "Norbit" with Eddie Murphy. It was pretty funny, Eddie Murphy was his usual crazy self playing a bunch of the characters.

Third 1 was "Die Hard" with Bruce Willis. It's funny, but last night was the first time that I have seen that movie all the way through. Very good action movie, Bruce Willis kicked butt in it.
Old 02-12-2008, 02:14 PM   #74
lilcupid

I went and saw Juno the other night with one of my best friends. The girl in it was a classic!!! Loved the sense of humor. Reminded me a lil of me lmao. There were moments in the movie when best friends and I laughed our heads off...and the audience was quiet!!! I will def buy it on dvd when it's out!!

Last edited by lilcupid; 02-12-2008 at 02:15 PM. Reason: typo...brain on vacation..please send home if u find it!! lol
Old 02-13-2008, 01:44 PM   #75
TracyJ
Photobucket

I watched National Treasure 2 at the weekend..I enjoyed it a lot like the first one and I was really happy that I went to see it
Old 02-14-2008, 12:49 AM   #76
**Sapphire**
Photobucket

I can't wait to see National Treasure 2 Teej, now you got me wanting to see it even more. I LOVED the first 1! Gotta love Nicolas Cage!
Old 02-21-2008, 11:33 PM   #77
**Sapphire**
Photobucket

I watched the "Astronaut Farmer" today with Billy Bob Thornton. It was pretty good.
Old 02-28-2008, 05:28 PM   #78
Pink
Love Guru

We watched Michael Clayton last night and it was alright. I really love George Clooney, but I was sort of disappointed in him last night.
Old 03-02-2008, 05:00 PM   #79
**Sapphire**
Photobucket

I watched "American Soldiers". It was based on a true story of what happened in April 2004 when the war in Iraq was officially over. It was the deadliest month AFTER the war. It was a pretty good movie.
Old 03-02-2008, 05:07 PM   #80
TracyJ
Photobucket

I watched Sweet Home Alabama the other night with my folks..I really like that movie..I have seen it a few times