Visit our other forums: Orchid Forum Gardening Forums Bonsai Forum Citrus Forum Fat Cat Forum Appraisers Forum Vegatarian Forum Disney Forum Hawaii Forum

It's almost our two year dating anniversary and we barely say I love you because we'r - Relationship, Dating Forums, Advice on Love
     Relationship, Dating Forums, Advice on Love
Go Back   Relationship, Dating Forums, Advice on Love > Love & Relationships > Love Discussion

Love Discussion Ask the Love Forum a question about someone you love or someone that loves you.

Old 03-06-2013, 07:33 AM   #1
wistfulwriter

wistfulwriter is on a distinguished road
BugEyedLove It's almost our two year dating anniversary and we barely say I love you because we'r

We said it for the first time about 3 months ago and have only said it about 5 or 6 times maybe...the last time was Valentine's Day. I always tell myself I'll say it then chicken out. I know we both love each other but we have been each other's first everything and so I guess it's taking a lot of time but I'm afraid if we don't practice saying it, it won't change. He's more action oriented so it's hard for him to express himself and I'm super scared, too, what can I do to get myself more comfortable with saying it? I love him so much and have grown with him and will continue for the rest of my life, but I need to be able to tell him how much he means to me.
wistfulwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 07:48 AM   #2
Fern

Fern is on a distinguished road

You should know the earlier and clear signs of an unhealthy relationship and how to make a failing relation into a successful one.
A healthy relationship means that you have mutual respect and communication. You can be honest with the person because you trust them and know they won't go ballistic if you disagree. You respect each other enough to allow for each other's differences and agree to disagree. You choose your battles, instead of wanting to be in control of the other person, or letting them control you.

An unhealthy relationship is one-sided, where one person is always the giver and the other is always the taker. Also when you spend your time "keeping them happy" or working around their problems. That's codependence. Deception, falseness, or lack of respect. If a person mocks their partner in public (or indeed in private) and is abusive and belittling, talking trash about them all the time or using the "silent treatment" to bring them into line. Anyone who consistently acts like an immature child, or treats you like a child, is not a good life partner.
Fern is offline   Reply With Quote