Visit our other forums: Orchid Forum Gardening Forums Bonsai Forum Citrus Forum Fat Cat Forum Appraisers Forum Vegatarian Forum Disney Forum Hawaii Forum


Where to Get Help For Your Love Life - Relationship, Dating Forums, Advice on Love
     Relationship, Dating Forums, Advice on Love
Go Back   Relationship, Dating Forums, Advice on Love > Love & Relationships > Love Discussion

Love Discussion Ask the Love Forum a question about someone you love or someone that loves you.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2012, 01:13 PM   #1
valerievaneesa
I love ?
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Colombo
Posts: 17
valerievaneesa is on a distinguished road
Default Where to Get Help For Your Love Life

Friends and Family

You should have a support network of friends and family who will give you love advice. These are the people who you can call when you need to vent and who will often freely dispense advice. Remember that they may not always be right or wrong, but they usually have your best interests at heart. Even if they have been divorced 8 times, they may still be able to give you advice on how to save your marriage as it is often easier to see the mistakes others make than to see them in yourself. The negative aspect of this is that they will always be on your side.

Internet Friends

Many people today have internet friends. These are strangers who visit your blogs or go on sites that will give you advice if you ask for it. The best aspect about getting love advice from internet friends is that you can be anonymous and their opinions are objective. As they are strangers, they will not always be on your side and will not sugar coat anything that they have to say. They will also not always tell you what you want to hear, which is good. The negative aspect of this is that you will get 20 different answers to the same question.

Counseling

If you continue to have severe love problems such as a failing marriage or continued trouble in maintaining relationships, you might benefit from counseling. A counselor will be able to help you understand why you continue to have trouble in relationships. Not all love problems are the fault of someone else - in some cases, we habitually seek out the wrong partners. If this is the case with you, you may benefit by getting love advice from an objective counselor who is trained in helping those in your situation.
valerievaneesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 01:20 AM   #2
decemberboysgotitbad
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 6
decemberboysgotitbad is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by valerievaneesa View Post
Friends and Family

You should have a support network of friends and family who will give you love advice. These are the people who you can call when you need to vent and who will often freely dispense advice. Remember that they may not always be right or wrong, but they usually have your best interests at heart. Even if they have been divorced 8 times, they may still be able to give you advice on how to save your marriage as it is often easier to see the mistakes others make than to see them in yourself. The negative aspect of this is that they will always be on your side.

Internet Friends

Many people today have internet friends. These are strangers who visit your blogs or go on sites that will give you advice if you ask for it. The best aspect about getting love advice from internet friends is that you can be anonymous and their opinions are objective. As they are strangers, they will not always be on your side and will not sugar coat anything that they have to say. They will also not always tell you what you want to hear, which is good. The negative aspect of this is that you will get 20 different answers to the same question.

Counseling

If you continue to have severe love problems such as a failing marriage or continued trouble in maintaining relationships, you might benefit from counseling. A counselor will be able to help you understand why you continue to have trouble in relationships. Not all love problems are the fault of someone else - in some cases, we habitually seek out the wrong partners. If this is the case with you, you may benefit by getting love advice from an objective counselor who is trained in helping those in your situation.
Quite random that you post something like this, without it being a response to anything else... maybe you could help me. I tried posting my situation on here about a month ago and NO ONE responded. I tried to post you a link, but if you click my user name, you will find it in my prior posts. Thanks.
decemberboysgotitbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:47 AM   #3
ksushil970
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 18
ksushil970 is on a distinguished road
Default

In your case if you need to get good suggestion or advise,then it will be better for you to take advise from elder one's. They give you better suggestion so it will help you to get good results.
ksushil970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:09 PM   #4
decemberboysgotitbad
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 6
decemberboysgotitbad is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksushil970 View Post
In your case if you need to get good suggestion or advise,then it will be better for you to take advise from elder one's. They give you better suggestion so it will help you to get good results.
Elder ones always say to go out, but they do admit that no one goes out as much anymore. And I do not really feel comfortable going out alone. If I pass someone on the street who is a total stranger and say hello, how far could that really go?
decemberboysgotitbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:32 AM   #5
Alston
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 20
Alston is on a distinguished road
Default

Hi Valerievaneesa,
Great post on where to get help for your love life and agree with these tips. Try to share the source also to make your post authentic and valuable.
Alston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:24 AM   #6
Katherin
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 26
Katherin is on a distinguished road
Default

I would like to say about it which i think about the above topic .I have been single for a while, and I don't like when people keep asking me if I have a boyfriend and I have to give them these updates about your love life every time i see them, especially during the hollidays when people get together.What you think about it share your thinking .
Katherin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:47 AM   #7
Tammie
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 12
Tammie is on a distinguished road
Default Advice .. Advice

It's better to get some advice to reliable person , the one who knows the situation you are in and the problems you have for such advice..

But there are times also that we have to seek advice from people we don't personally see, friends we met online -- they're sometimes the best adviser if we'll let them know our stories..

BUT REMEMBER: at the end of the day, it's your decision matters. Not the advice you get from friends ...

Wanna be thrilled??? Wanna be wooed??? Be Excited???
Check and support the NEWEST and the most UNIQUE and EXCEPTIONAL Jewish dating site!!!! Itís more fun fun fun fun!!!!!! It's even more EXCITING, AMAZING, SURPRISING and the CRAZIEST thing ever in the history of online dating!!!! The BEST thing about WOOJOOZ is that you can also CONNECT and MEET NEW FRIENDS!!!!
Itís very FANTASTIC and mind-blowing that you will be addicted and suddenly hooked in WOOJOOZ (.com)!!!!!
Sign up NOW!!!!!
Tammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:41 AM   #8
Katherin
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 26
Katherin is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katherin View Post
I would like to say about it which i think about the above topic .I have been single for a while, and I don't like when people keep asking me if I have a boyfriend and I have to give them these updates about your love life every time i see them, especially during the hollidays when people get together.What you think about it share your thinking .
share your views.

dating with an std
Katherin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 08:23 AM   #9
Fern
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 22
Fern is on a distinguished road
Default

After many years and many failed relationships what I finally learned is this... it sounds SUPER cliche' but you HAVE to be happy with yourself first before you can ever even have a chance of being happy with someone else. When you are completely content just being you and if need be, being single forever, you are in a much better position to narrow down the partner you want and stop wasting your time with the losers. If you think about all of your failed relationships in the past... you probably saw a "red flag" or two immediately... like within the first few dates. The needy part of us chooses to ignore those. When you are 100% content alone you listen to all of those red flags and stop wasting your time on jerks. So If you're wondering how to be happy in a relationship, just be happy with yourself first.
Part 2 of this and I'm not sure if this applies to you however some people... especially women... that have had a bad relationship with their father, unconsciously choose men who are exactly like their fathers... distant and uncapable of giving all of their love. These women generally aren't even attracted to "nice" guys because they see them as "boring" when in reality... those kind of men are exactly what they need. I am a TOTAL type A, hyper, outgoing personality. My partner... was raised by his grandparents and acts like he is elderly lol. But we work PERFECTLY because we both need the other's personality to balance each other out. When I get drunk in public and try to dance on a table... he politely reminds me that there is a cop 4 tables down, LOL. Most people intially would consdier him "boring" but I love the fact that he happily lets me have the "spotlight" because he has no interest in it anyways. We have been together 7 years and I am still just as happy as I was in the beginning. When I met him though... I was very happily single and loving it. I didn't want a relationship and was even kind of mean to him. He persisted and I just couldn't tell him no anymore. Now I am so glad that I let him in. If I would have been jumping from one jerk to another like I used to do... he never even would have had the chance.
Fern is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
dating, friends, love advice



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Finding love in a relationship Davey Crockett Relationships - Dating & Marriage 12 05-27-2012 07:34 PM
Lost the true love of my life Lusitano Broken Heart - Breaking Up 1 11-11-2010 06:27 PM
My love life story (just lookin for some feedback) finnibagz Broken Heart - Breaking Up 3 03-02-2009 04:45 PM
What is your take on "I love You Vs I am not in Love in With You" Trying2Cope Love Discussion 5 02-24-2009 09:51 PM
Past Love Life Talks **Sapphire** Love Discussion 3 03-05-2008 07:35 PM

Photobucket
Free Vote Caster from Bravenet.com Free Vote Caster from Bravenet.com

All times are GMT. The time now is 07:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Relationship Forum Ask The Love Forum