Visit our other forums: Orchid Forum Gardening Forums Bonsai Forum Citrus Forum Fat Cat Forum Appraisers Forum Vegatarian Forum Disney Forum Hawaii Forum

Need advice for dating and building relationships - Relationship, Dating Forums, Advice on Love
     Relationship, Dating Forums, Advice on Love
Go Back   Relationship, Dating Forums, Advice on Love > Love & Relationships > Relationships - Dating & Marriage

Relationships - Dating & Marriage Come on in & talk about dating, relationships & marriage. Maybe give some advice to others on past relationships.

Old 03-13-2012, 01:28 AM   #1
lakecreek

lakecreek is on a distinguished road
Post Need advice for dating and building relationships

I'm 25 year old guy who is currently attending school and I'm successful making friends with men and women. However, in the dating arena I do horrible. I can meet women but I just don't know how to land a date without feeling awkward. I get this assumption where if I know I try to ask a woman out I will feel ashamed and embarrassed. I remember when I was in high school I tried asking this girl to prom and she seem to got grossed out. I have met quite of few women in school, but the only problem is that all them become friends or just someone who I know. I don't ask them out because what happen back then may happen again.

Even though I met some women, its not always on my own. Lot of times I meet them in class because the teacher force us to get to know one another. Or somehow one will approach me for example I met a gorgeous Russian because she came to me. I get intimated to approach a women because I feel might come on as a creep or weird. But I would definitely like to get some advice, particularly from women what should I do to improve this area. I know dating is not guaranteed for a relationship but I do want to date to the hang what I'm looking for and what I want in a person. Right now I'm clueless.

I use to think it was my race from being Indian but soon found out that is not the case as I seen many other races with Indian people. I'm not pure I have fairly blended mix with Latin.
lakecreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 04:20 AM   #2
The Gr8 Eight

The Gr8 Eight has a spectacular aura aboutThe Gr8 Eight has a spectacular aura aboutThe Gr8 Eight has a spectacular aura about

Greetings Lakecreek welcome to ATLF! I see what you are saying, I used to be really shy back in highschool and would really only be friends with girls even if I liked them. For example I had this girl in my Spanish class junior year, she was so cute, I approached her to get to know her, and we only became friends even if I hinted around. There were other reasons too but you know what I mean. I know you wanted women advice, but being a male, I know a few things as well. One thing I know women look at when you talk to them is CONFIDENCE. If you feel confident, you should have no problem with anyone unless they are just cruel anyway. Honestly, get to know them as friends first, my mom always told me that friends make the greatest lovers, although not always the case, something that I have seen in others as well. I would say get to know them, and see what type of girl they are, if you don't know what you like try getting to know different types of personalities. I hope I helped some, and I can try some more as well.
The Gr8 Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 12:01 PM   #3
**Sapphire**
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future

Welcome to ATLF, glad that you joined us here.

Gr8 Eight is right, confidence goes a long way in talking to women. Yeah you went through a bad time when the 1 girl turned you down. You can't give up though, life as well as dating/relationships is all about taking chances. You will never know who you may pass up if you don't take a chance.

A chance to get to know the woman & a chance to ask her out.
Old 03-16-2012, 03:08 AM   #4
lakecreek

lakecreek is on a distinguished road

I hear confidence a lot never knew it can be so powerful. By definition from I know what confidence is but what does it mean in terms of dating.
lakecreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 12:24 PM   #5
**Sapphire**
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future

You have to have the confidence in yourself to go up to a girl you like, start up a conversation with her, maybe ask her out for a date/coffee, whatever. "Slinking in to the background", never talking to a girl you like, won't get you anywhere & sometimes won't get you the girl either.
Old 06-15-2013, 09:00 PM   #6
Isbel Delaney

Isbel Delaney is on a distinguished road

Building a relationship is something that everyone wants, but not everyone knows what to do or how to build a perfect relationship. There is one place to start when you are trying to build a strong bond. You need some good date ideas to keep her coming back for more. It only takes a little thought to build a relationship, but it takes imagination to keep it fresh, enjoyable and intriguing. Planning the perfect romantic date can help you win a woman and keep her forever
Isbel Delaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 05:55 AM   #7
hookmeup
Hi everyone!

hookmeup is on a distinguished road

My advice, if you have any trust issues don't get married.
Old 09-29-2013, 05:55 AM   #8
hookmeup
Hi everyone!

hookmeup is on a distinguished road

Also make sure neither partner decides to change the goal posts
Old 12-17-2013, 01:30 PM   #9
erikmay

erikmay is on a distinguished road

I have been "King of the Shy" myself. I am learning to be more confident, which was always my biggest issue and the one that seemed to turn off women. Reading some of the ideas in the forums is helping, but I am going to take some courses to learn better communication skills, too.

One thing I have discerned already is that I need to practice. I will probably make a fool out of myself a few dozen times, but if that is what it takes to get better, then I guess I will do it. I do not think you ethnicity affects your success. I see too many pretty women with men of all races to believe that is true. The common factors to success seem to be confidence and communication.
erikmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 02:28 PM   #10
Fern

Fern is on a distinguished road

Here are some of the tips that will help you build a healthy relationship.
Trust is important. You absolutely have to trust the person not only to be faithful (not cheating, ect), but to try to understand you, to keep your secrets, to be there for you. You have to be able to believe the things they say, even if it is difficult for you, just try to TRUST them. You have to be able to talk to each other about problems AND things that make you happy, both within and out with the relationship.
Have fun! You have to be able to fool around, act silly. You shouldn't be seriously shy or embarrassed around each other. You should be best friends.
When you argue (which everyone does), just fix it! Don't hold a grudge. If you're really offended, angry or upset, have some time alone to think about why you love them in the first place and how much you would rather make up and feel close than be mad at each other. It should only be minutes before you feel like running back to them. Really try to never go to bed mad at each other.
It's the love itself, at the end of the day, that is the key to a good relationship. Everyone likes to hear the words "I love you" and coming from the person who is your world, it will never get boring, but you need to remember that words alone aren't enough and you have to SHOW your special person how you feel every day!
So if you're looking for healthy ways of how to be happy in a relationship, just try these tips.
Fern is offline   Reply With Quote