Visit our other forums: Orchid Forum Gardening Forums Bonsai Forum Citrus Forum Fat Cat Forum Appraisers Forum Vegatarian Forum Disney Forum Hawaii Forum

tell me if it's a hopeless long-d relationship? - Relationship, Dating Forums, Advice on Love
     Relationship, Dating Forums, Advice on Love
Go Back   Relationship, Dating Forums, Advice on Love > Love & Relationships > Long Distance Relationships

Long Distance Relationships Are you in a long distance relationship? You need some help in coping with missing your loved one? Come on in here & talk to us about it.

Old 11-09-2009, 03:16 PM   #1
yqocgkkx

yqocgkkx is on a distinguished road
Unhappy tell me if it's a hopeless long-d relationship?

Recently there's been this really really sweet guy who told me he likes me, and I am starting to like him more and more. But, our situation is preventing us from getting together. We live in the same country, just different cities about 2-3 hrs apart. We also go to different schools, but I know a lot of people in his grade &class.

I talked to him last night, and I asked him what he think about us. I told him I like him a lot too, because he's already told me he likes me. He said he was planning for us to "get to know each other throughout the year, then during summer vaca, we can get together and chill all summer" We can hangout a little now and then for now until summer. But the thing is both of us can't rly travel that much. (parents won't allow us to)

Many of his friends in his school thinks it's unlikely and impossible for us to have a relationship. We dont even rly know each other. I just like how sweeeet he is <3

This is bugging me so much because he's my second crush ever sincee.. i was born basically. I almost never fall for guys . UGH ! if only we could be togetherrr D:
but we're both pretty awkward/shy around new people, even worse when face to face.

mm, idk how everything's gna work out. but i neeed opinions. like should i stop myself from falling for him until i know for certain that we are rly likely? or should i "take risks in life because that's what life's about"? im worried that since we dont go to school together and will only be meeting during breaks, im afraid things will just fade away. do you guys even think this relationship is possible though? he's such a sweet guy and i haven't been in a relationship for so long, so idk if i should take a shot helpppp !thankkkks so much .
yqocgkkx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 03:21 PM   #2
**Sapphire**
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future

Welcome to ATLF, glad that you joined & posted with us.

Well, you have to go with what's in your heart. Do you think that you can handle a long distance relationship knowing you may not be able to see him that much in person?

If you both are still in school & your parents won't let you 2 see each other in person that much or at all, it may be harder for you 2 to establish a relationship.
Old 11-09-2009, 05:26 PM   #3
Pink
Love Guru
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Pink is a glorious beacon of lightPink is a glorious beacon of lightPink is a glorious beacon of lightPink is a glorious beacon of lightPink is a glorious beacon of light

You should just take some time and get to know each other. Don't rush anything or make any plans because they constantly change. Have fun and enjoy this crush.
Pink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 02:32 AM   #4
pinkee

pinkee is on a distinguished road

by the looks if this, i assume that you are still too young to be with each other. i agree with the others that you should take time to know each other. there is a right time for everything, don't push your luck because this doesn't usually end in a good way.
Old 05-27-2010, 05:03 AM   #5
aces88
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

aces88 is a name known to allaces88 is a name known to allaces88 is a name known to allaces88 is a name known to allaces88 is a name known to allaces88 is a name known to all

I've dealt with a couple long distances, and they're a mixed blessing. The physical aspect of the relationship definately suffers. But it also forces you to come up with different ways to form some kind of intimacy. I tell ya it can get pretty creative, and fun. I'll go along with everybody else and say take it slowly and just see what happens.

- Harrison Ford
aces88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 03:13 PM   #6
PhoenixSoul

PhoenixSoul is on a distinguished road

From my point don't try it.
PhoenixSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 04:08 PM   #7
LovYa

LovYa is on a distinguished road

Long distance never worked for me but good luck!
LovYa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 07:59 AM   #8
typical cat
rawr!!! >.<

typical cat is on a distinguished road

long distance can be like torture to the heart but it can make your feelings about each other stronger for the longing of wanting to meet and know each other but alot of times dont work out at first it might be all good but after awhile you start to think stuff like is he or she cheating why was he or she gone for those couple of days or that ther story dont add up and so on it mostly never works out but doesnt mean it cant i mean its a real test of trust and how much you really love each other not just to prove them but your self iv had alot of long distance relationships and you move on right now im in a long distance relation going on a year now im from chicago and i have a gf from new york
Old 10-19-2010, 02:57 AM   #9
poppdoctor

poppdoctor is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by typical cat View Post
long distance can be like torture to the heart but it can make your feelings about each other stronger for the longing of wanting to meet and know each other but alot of times dont work out at first it might be all good but after awhile you start to think stuff like is he or she cheating why was he or she gone for those couple of days or that ther story dont add up and so on it mostly never works out but doesnt mean it cant i mean its a real test of trust and how much you really love each other not just to prove them but your self iv had alot of long distance relationships and you move on right now im in a long distance relation going on a year now im from chicago and i have a gf from new york
I totally agree with this post. It also helped me. Thanks.
If you could input or want to read up on my situation:
showthread.php?p=70633#post70633
poppdoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 06:37 AM   #10
sofiaterya

sofiaterya is on a distinguished road

agree
sofiaterya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 05:34 AM   #11
Fern

Fern is on a distinguished road

Long Distance Relationships can be very tricky and hard to commit. But if both of you love each other, it can be a successful one. Try to keep in contact with each other via skype and phone. Getting to know each other is very important. You should both plan to meet each other at every possible opportunity and especially make plan for you future life so that you can be together and live with each other at one place. Exchanging long distance relationship gifts can also be helpful in this regard. You simply trust in the relationship. Most of them don't work out, but some do. Mine did. We had a long-distance relationship for a bit over 5 years and now have been living together for 3.5 years. All you gotta do is be friends. Your strongest relationship will be with your best friend. Don't worry about rules. There are no rules. Trust in the two of you. The confidence itself does a lot. If you're insecure, then that will reflect on your relationship and most of the time ruins the whole thing.
Fern is offline   Reply With Quote