Visit our other forums: Orchid Forum Gardening Forums Bonsai Forum Citrus Forum Fat Cat Forum Appraisers Forum Vegatarian Forum Disney Forum Hawaii Forum

your favorite character... - Relationship, Dating Forums, Advice on Love
     Relationship, Dating Forums, Advice on Love
Go Back   Relationship, Dating Forums, Advice on Love > Generally Speaking > Entertainment ~ Movies-TV

Entertainment ~ Movies-TV Come on by & have a chat about movies & television.

Old 04-18-2009, 12:34 AM   #1
stoner
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

stoner is a glorious beacon of lightstoner is a glorious beacon of lightstoner is a glorious beacon of lightstoner is a glorious beacon of lightstoner is a glorious beacon of lightstoner is a glorious beacon of light
Default your favorite character...

Regardless of the nature of the TV show. From action-packed episodes to animated series, everyone's fair game.

Just a brief intro about the character, and what is it about him/her that appeals to you.

Start sharing!

"I believe there's a ghost of a chance. We Can find someone to love, and make it last..."
[Peart/Lee/Lifeson] [from Ghost Of A Chance by Rush]
stoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 02:36 PM   #2
**Sapphire**
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future

I LOVE the characters from Bones, "Bones & Booth". They chemistry between them is great, this season they are interacting more with each other on a personal level which is adding something better to the show as a whole.

Animated characters, I gotta say Bugs Bunny, Tweety, the Flintstones, alot of the older cartoons.
Old 04-18-2009, 03:12 PM   #3
lisa843
Love Machine

lisa843 is just really nicelisa843 is just really nicelisa843 is just really nicelisa843 is just really nicelisa843 is just really nice

I have so many faves....but one of my top fave is:

Dean Winchester (real name Jensen Ackles) he is a character from the CW show Supernatural

I love his character because he plays this tough cool guy...kinda dark and brooding....but you know he has a soft spot and a good heart....and he is sooo funny....always has some of the funniest lines....lol He and his brother are Hunters. They hunt ghost and other supernatural creatures on the show.
I love the relationship he and his brother Sam have...although this season it is really being tested
lisa843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 04:45 AM   #4
stoner
Photobucket

stoner is a glorious beacon of lightstoner is a glorious beacon of lightstoner is a glorious beacon of lightstoner is a glorious beacon of lightstoner is a glorious beacon of lightstoner is a glorious beacon of light
Default Avatar - The Last Airbender

don't laugh guys and gals!!

... here is an adult who happened to fall for an animated series that blurs the line between anime and cartoons. What started as a couple of "just for the heck of it" video rentals, I end up getting hooked on it. Although it ended after three seasons, I can only wish for a continuation in the future.

The character I end up liking happens to be one that has a recurring role in it. There's just something about Suki that reminds me so much of my dear wife, whom I'm happily married to, in the here and now. She's very brave, strong, not about to give up without a fight, stubborn, the fierceness of a warrior, and yet the gentle and tender qualities that makes her an ideal woman. She only appeared in a handful of episodes, but I watched her develop from having a minor role to being instrumental to the avatar team's fight against the fire nation - and of course to victory. I also watched her relationship with Sokka blossom throughout the series.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kyoshi warrior suki.jpg (22.8 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg suki in swimwear.JPG (32.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg suki+soka.jpg (21.2 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg suki and soka kiss.jpg (181.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg suki and soka bw.jpg (18.8 KB, 0 views)

"I believe there's a ghost of a chance. We Can find someone to love, and make it last..."
Old 04-21-2009, 11:35 AM   #5
**Sapphire**
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future

You know stoner, anime seems to be more than just a cartoon, it's a show that does get you hooked. I haven't seen any TV shows with anime, but I've looked at anime a little bit online & it's really interesting & did get me hooked to view more of it.
Old 04-22-2009, 03:43 AM   #6
stoner
Photobucket

I'm not sure if Avatar can be called anime. Even though it contains many elements from the far east, and the content has a lot of Asian culture, it was created by Americans and produced in the U.S. The dialogue is in English, and it was once Nickelodeon's highest rated show on Friday evenings.

Personally, I would call it an "in-betweener" as it blurs the line between anime and cartoons. The early episodes clearly has the "cartoon" vibe as it will appeal greatly to children. The later ones, however, contains darker and more serious themes (just like anime) that it appeals to an audience beyond its intended 6-11 year old target.

Nevertheless, it is an animated series of epic proportions, with emphasis on character development (as opposed to plenty of action, violence, blood and gore that's typical of most anime), and fluid continuity. I strongly recommend it, as there were scenes that makes me feel very teary-eyed at times ...

... and this is coming from an adult of all peeps!

Old 04-22-2009, 03:59 AM   #7
stoner
Photobucket

I'll say it again ... I strongly recommend the show!

... here's another picture from the series ... suki and sokka do make a cute couple ...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cute couple.JPG (16.9 KB, 1 views)

Old 06-19-2012, 06:54 AM   #8
grahovac

grahovac is on a distinguished road

orando bloom in the pirates of the caraibean
grahovac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 12:40 AM   #9
Jitterbug

Jitterbug is on a distinguished road

I love Sheldon Cooper from Big Bang theory.
Jitterbug is offline   Reply With Quote