Visit our other forums: Orchid Forum Gardening Forums Bonsai Forum Citrus Forum Fat Cat Forum Appraisers Forum Vegatarian Forum Disney Forum Hawaii Forum

Is he clueless or just too nice? - Relationship, Dating Forums, Advice on Love
     Relationship, Dating Forums, Advice on Love
Go Back   Relationship, Dating Forums, Advice on Love > Friends & Family > Friendship Advice

Friendship Advice Do you have romantic feelings for a friend? Do you think a friend might feel more for you? Come on by & let's talk about your friends.

Old 08-29-2011, 02:48 AM   #1
gecko-girl

gecko-girl is on a distinguished road
Default Is he clueless or just too nice?

So, I met this guy at a garage I volunteer at and I felt an immediate attraction. I became a volunteer and him and I are the only two people who work at this place, for the most part, besides a few interns/volunteers who pop in. We saw each other last year every friday, and we would spend at least 3 hours together, usually. He would remember little things that I told him at first, and it totally seemed like he was into me. I planned on asking him to a hockey game, as that was one of the main things we originally bonded over, yet he was sick the day I planned on asking him and so I told him that "if he wasn't sick I was gonna ask him to a hockey game" and he responded that he wasn't really up for a hockey game considering he works as a zamboni driver and sees almost all our college games. He took me dumpster diving once, which really surprised me. He also took me on a small bike ride back to our dorm (we lived in buildings next to each other) and showed me where his room was. I told him that I was a bulimic and that I was trying to recover, and he was really uncomfortable and I felt terrible for telling him.

Left for Christmas break. He was gone for the first weekend back and so I thought that he didn't want to see me again. However, he texted me about two weeks after school started back up again and asked me to come back out to the garage to meet our new intern. He said that he had to go to the garage to get my number (it was posted on our little whiteboard) but then when he later told another story it was obvious that he had had it in his phone from before. Well, we continued to hang out and talk and have fun... and I mentioned to him that I had a boyfriend (I did at the time) and he seemed kinda weird about it.... but not really. I asked him to go on a 40 mile bike ride the week we got back to class (we work at a bikeshare program) and he turned me down, saying he wasn't up for a ride like that. I asked him out to dinner, on me, and he turned me down politely said that he had to go fishing to clear his head... I asked him what was wrong and he said that he was homesick. I know he just got a new apartment and I have been worried about him being lonely... and I saw him fishing... so I know he wasn't lying... but it seems like a lame excuse. ( I am suuuuch a creeper... but I honestly had no intentions of seeing him, I was out for a walk and he was fishing at the pond near my dorm! And, naturally, I am too much of a ***** to consider saying hi.)

I have no idea if this guy is into me... he gives me such mixed signals. When he took me to the train station on the last day of school, he had my bike all disassembled and he helped me with everything, staying out late to help even though he had a final... it was awesomely sweet and way beyond what I asked him to do... however, he's also like one of the guys that is just REALLY REALLY nice to everyone... and he's kind of awkward about women, I guess. I know he's single. He baffles me so much though! Do you think he's into me even a little?

I should also point out that he is kind of a CLUELESS guy in general, and also kind of "shy"
gecko-girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 11:09 AM   #2
**Sapphire**
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future

Welcome to ATLF, glad that you joined us here.

Sounds like he might like you as a friend. I would think if he was interested in starting something romantically, all the times you have asked him to hang out, he would have accepted.
Old 08-29-2011, 01:15 PM   #3
detente

detente is on a distinguished road

I'm not sure about this, but he could be homosexual. have you ever thought about that as a possibility? Maybe he tries to avoid dating with you, because he doesn't want you to find out.

Then again, I'm not sure but this could be the case
detente is offline   Reply With Quote