Visit our other forums: Orchid Forum Gardening Forums Bonsai Forum Citrus Forum Fat Cat Forum Appraisers Forum Vegatarian Forum Disney Forum Hawaii Forum

Legally Blind Brother In Law is Abusive - Relationship, Dating Forums, Advice on Love
     Relationship, Dating Forums, Advice on Love
Go Back   Relationship, Dating Forums, Advice on Love > Friends & Family > Family

Family Having a problem with your family? Have questions about a family member in trouble or in general? This is the place to discuss all things family.

Old 10-08-2013, 11:32 PM   #1
acsmith3506

acsmith3506 is on a distinguished road
Bouncing Heart Legally Blind Brother In Law is Abusive

Need some advice from people on ATLF. Yes, he is legally blind, but he is terribly abusive to his 88 year old mother. He has and still does reside with his mother. He is a virgin, and maybe that is why he is the way he is. He is not abusive to people he doesn't know too well, but family members, he doesn't care what he says or does. Who can help him out after his mother dies? She doesn't want him put away in a place where he will be hurt or ignored. I didn't intend to take care of him after she passes away. The family on my husband's side does what they want as far as my marriage, and my husband are concern. I am married to their eldest child, and HE IS A MOMMIE'S BOY. My brother in law hit by a car, was in a coma for six weeks or so, and his neurons or probably off because of that, but rude is no excuse for his actions. This happened about twenty years or so ago. He doesn't take baths frequently, he has an odor, which is probably most on his clothing. He wears a lot of clothing, even in the summer months, which doesn't help with sweating issues. His brother, my husband, helps the mother out by taking his brother out to eat twice a week. I have been mad with this issue for over seven years now. Sometimes I am cool with it, sometimes, I am not. Whenever I tell my husband's side of the family that they should get my brother in law some help now, they say that their mother won't agree with it, but you know she is tired of him and his abuse. He calls her names, controls the phone, where he keeps it busy all the time, not allowing anyone to call her every day. He uses the computer all the time, which ties up the phone line. He has told her not to take showers for it will ruin the pipes outside of the house. He is a nut. A listener of Mike Savage everyday, that is what is causing this rage in him, I believe. He even records each days radio listening, and he makes two recording tapes of each days' radio show. Sick, isn't it? He yells out loud and curses around my first grandchild. I hate that, but what can I do? My mother in law is a great baby sister, and her great, great, granddaughter loves her. We reside in P.G. County, Maryland, so if anyone knows where the blind, or legally blind person's can go to get training and meet others like himself/herself, please inform me at acs3506@ Hotmail.com. Thanks for reading this.
acsmith3506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 12:00 AM   #2
Jitterbug

Jitterbug is on a distinguished road

Just because he is blind does not mean he can act this way. Maybe he needs help and should seem someone about that!
Jitterbug is offline   Reply With Quote