Visit our other forums: Orchid Forum Gardening Forums Bonsai Forum Citrus Forum Fat Cat Forum Appraisers Forum Vegatarian Forum Disney Forum Hawaii Forum

I am confused! - Relationship, Dating Forums, Advice on Love
     Relationship, Dating Forums, Advice on Love
Go Back   Relationship, Dating Forums, Advice on Love > Love & Relationships > Love Discussion

Love Discussion Ask the Love Forum a question about someone you love or someone that loves you.

Old 01-23-2012, 02:00 PM   #1
Pacquaio
P4P

Pacquaio is on a distinguished road
Question I am confused!

Hi to all the people hoping to help me, i'll start off by saying that i've never been this confused at all. I can not find the answers i'm looking for within myself.

It all began 1 month ago. I went to get a haircut at my local barber just before Christmas. She didn't cut my hair then, but i did notice her for a little while. But it didn't matter yet.

About a week ago my hair was getting to the point where i thought like this really needs to be cut and trimmed. So i went again. This time, she seemed to catch my attention. She did the haircut but i really felt comfortable with her. I don't even know her. And i was so tired by doing a night shift beforehand.

So i was so quiet and tired i felt so "stupid" myself. She started talking about my hair and she kept rubbing through it telling me that it's so soft and she mis-spoke herself when she first said that she has/had a boyfriend with pretty much the same kind of hair. At that exact moment, i was too tired to even know what was hitting me or what i was expecting out of it myself. I Also asked an awkward question, which was, do i actually look tired? She came right in front of me ducked, and looked me in the eyes for three consecutive seconds and said, yeah a little bit.

I couldn't figure it out. So i just sat there, spoke occasionally but i just felt relaxed. All i managed to ask about her "personal" life is from where she's from.

So i just went home, i didn't seem to waste another breath about it. But at the same evening i layed down and suddenly had to think about her? This doesn't happen to me a lot. I'm a guy and i see pretty women on a daily basis. I can and would control my sexual lust. But when i was thinking about the moment where i failed to ask her more questions. To show interest perhaps. Because i was foremost interested, but nothing seemed to pop out.

Then i was reminded about how relaxed i felt with her, she was so soft and gentle with her hands, best haircut i ever had, was the conclusion i came to that evening. And it's her first month that she's actually working. So i was pleasantly surprised. But enough about what already happened, because that doesn't matter no more. What matters next is what follows up...

That's why i am here, contributing my story, unable to figure it out. I've been thinking over and over. I mean like why not just go out at night and forget about her? I haven't had this since probably 5-6 years ago. Something inside me tells me that i should go back and tell her that i came back for her, make myself look like an idiot and hope that she doesn't have a boyfriend and agrees. But that sounds stupid to me, that's what my instincts tell me though.

What should i do?

Last edited by Pacquaio; 01-23-2012 at 02:04 PM.
Pacquaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 03:48 PM   #2
**Sapphire**
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future

Why not go back to the shop, see when she has lunch or a break & have a talk with her, get to know her?

Sounds to me like you are interested in her a bit.
Old 01-23-2012, 06:32 PM   #3
Maj

Maj is on a distinguished road

agreed or go back and get your hair cut BY her book yourself in for her or something so you can chat away without it looking like a date

The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get it and keep moving forward.
Maj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 12:12 AM   #4
Pacquaio
P4P

Pacquaio is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb barber girl

I do see the point of such action. It`s an issue because there are several people working in that barber shop, and i can`t think of the idea of standing around waiting for an opportunity to get to talk to her. I` ve also been thinking about making a new appointment some 2 weeks down the road, asking if it would be possible of reserving her for the particular reason that i`m content with her work. But i don`t know whether or not this is possible , if it wont ring any alarms on her side or make this approach somewhat suspicious and intrusive. What` s your take on this approach?

Thanks for the help so far.
Pacquaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 09:55 AM   #5
Maj

Maj is on a distinguished road

Like i said book yourself in with her tell them you enjoyed her skills or whatever and use that, nothing will look suspicious unless you make it

The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get it and keep moving forward.
Maj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 12:08 PM   #6
**Sapphire**
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future

It wouldn't be suspicious at all to make a call for an appointment & to ask for her services again. Many people have favorite stylists when it comes to getting their hair/nails done. Not every stylist will do a person's hair the same so when they find 1 they like, people tend to stick with that particular person.
Old 01-26-2012, 08:01 AM   #7
Scraps

Scraps will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by **Sapphire** View Post
It wouldn't be suspicious at all to make a call for an appointment & to ask for her services again.
This is correct. Really. It's totally common to ask for a specific stylist when making a hair appointment. I'm sure nobody would even think twice about your request.

Call the shop, tell them you'd like an appointment with so-and-so, then try to strike up a friendly conversation during your appointment. If that seems to go well, ask her if she'd like to grab some coffee with you after her shift.

There's no need for you to tell her that you went there to see her specifically. That might make things awkward. Just go, try to be charismatic and confident and see if it she'll say yes to coffee. You have nothing to lose. If it goes badly, you can just find another hair salon. No biggie!
Scraps is offline   Reply With Quote