Visit our other forums: Orchid Forum Gardening Forums Bonsai Forum Citrus Forum Fat Cat Forum Appraisers Forum Vegatarian Forum Disney Forum Hawaii Forum

Choosing between two Opposites - Relationship, Dating Forums, Advice on Love
     Relationship, Dating Forums, Advice on Love
Go Back   Relationship, Dating Forums, Advice on Love > Love & Relationships > Love Discussion

Love Discussion Ask the Love Forum a question about someone you love or someone that loves you.

Old 06-29-2009, 04:44 PM   #1
shannon193

shannon193 is on a distinguished road
Heart2 Choosing between two Opposites

i have a dilemma ...
i was in a relationship for two years with a 20 yr old guy ... he doesnt have a house hardly works and he gets in troiuble with the law often ,,, but i love this guy a lot... we have a lot of history together... its been hard to leave him when something goes wrong like it usually does.. this guy is really not that great of a boyfriend but im in love with him, all the same and the history we have together is a huge part of this... but recently i broke up with him for lying to me about being with his ex..although he didnt cheat i got angry because he accuses me of doing these things when he is really the one doing them...
while we were broken up i started seeing this guy whos got everything a house a car a job... hes got his mindset... and im falling in love with him ..
my problem is although the right thing to do would be to move on to this new guy and forget totally about my boyfriend., i find it hard to move on ..i dont know what to do anymore.. i dont want to start all over with this new guy and lose the one im sure im destined to be with ..
now i have to choose between the two.
my boyfriend for two years has called me and the house he was living in burned down ..hios uncle died and he almost did too .. he lost everything and im the only thing hes got left..so he says ...what should i do ??? ... i really love my boyfriend but i dont want to make the wrong decision and let go of a wonderful guy .. material thiungs arent everything but respect is ... PLEASE HELPPP!!!
shannon193 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 06:16 PM   #2
**Sapphire**
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future

If your boyfriend of 2 years isn't going anywhere, do you really think that you can see a future with him?

This other guy has what your looking for plus some stability, I would say the choice is pretty easy here, BUT I'm not in your situation.
Old 06-30-2009, 08:05 PM   #3
shannon193

shannon193 is on a distinguished road

thats true but the thing is i like older men ... just becuz they are more mature and this guy whos got everything ... hes not rly that mature,,, things that my boyfriend would do ... like stick with me through everything... this other guy wouldnt do ..
shannon193 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 08:28 AM   #4
TracyJ
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

TracyJ will become famous soon enoughTracyJ will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon193 View Post
i have a dilemma ...
i was in a relationship for two years with a 20 yr old guy ... he doesnt have a house hardly works and he gets in troiuble with the law often ,,, but i love this guy a lot... we have a lot of history together... its been hard to leave him when something goes wrong like it usually does.. this guy is really not that great of a boyfriend but im in love with him, all the same and the history we have together is a huge part of this... but recently i broke up with him for lying to me about being with his ex..although he didnt cheat i got angry because he accuses me of doing these things when he is really the one doing them...
This doesn't sound to good to me...he doesn't really work and he's in trouble with the law...to be honest hun I think you will do a lot better if you stay broken up with him...you caught him with his ex how do you know he wasn't cheating..of course this is only my opinon but I think you are better off without him..I know you love him but do you really see a future with him..if he continues behaving like this...

Quote:
while we were broken up i started seeing this guy whos got everything a house a car a job... hes got his mindset... and im falling in love with him ..
my problem is although the right thing to do would be to move on to this new guy and forget totally about my boyfriend., i find it hard to move on ..i dont know what to do anymore.. i dont want to start all over with this new guy and lose the one im sure im destined to be with ..
now i have to choose between the two.
my boyfriend for two years has called me and the house he was living in burned down ..hios uncle died and he almost did too .. he lost everything and im the only thing hes got left..so he says ...what should i do ??? ... i really love my boyfriend but i dont want to make the wrong decision and let go of a wonderful guy .. material thiungs arent everything but respect is ... PLEASE HELPPP!!!
You don't love this new guy either and as long as you are still in love with your EX I don't think that you should be with either of them...take some time out, be single for a while and decide what you really want to do.
TracyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 12:41 PM   #5
**Sapphire**
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future

I would have to agree with Teej, it seems like you are torn between the 2. The best thing to do here would be let them both go & be on your own. Get yourself together first & then you can see who you think you can commit to. Even if they have moved on, you will still have that time on your own to possibly be with someone else totally different in the future.