Visit our other forums: Orchid Forum Gardening Forums Bonsai Forum Citrus Forum Fat Cat Forum Appraisers Forum Vegatarian Forum Disney Forum Hawaii Forum

Nervous:S:S HELP!! - Relationship, Dating Forums, Advice on Love
     Relationship, Dating Forums, Advice on Love
Go Back   Relationship, Dating Forums, Advice on Love > Friends & Family > Friendship Advice

Friendship Advice Do you have romantic feelings for a friend? Do you think a friend might feel more for you? Come on by & let's talk about your friends.

Old 01-04-2009, 11:00 PM   #1
shannon193

shannon193 is on a distinguished road
Default Nervous:S:S HELP!!

This is my first thread that i've posted on this site..
i have recently started seeing one of my long time friends///
we were seeing each other for one summer before he just stopped talking to me.. so i didnt bother until about a week ago .. it was christmas so i decided to send him a little text saying merry christmas...but my curiosity got the best of me and i ended up sending him another text... asking him what i did to scare him off..
To my amazement he told me that it was all his fault and that he seriously regrets doing it.. he said he was upset because we never got the chance to start a relationship ...
so now everything is good and we have just recently started working up to a relationship ...
I feel i could really connect to him ...
like i can with most guys i date...but the problem with this one guy is that every time he comes around im nervous in front of him and i dont talk much /// i feel that i make him bored and he feels that i dont want to start anything with him ... but thats because im nervous and shy !!.... I NEED HELP!!!
shannon193 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 11:03 PM   #2
**Sapphire**
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future**Sapphire** has a brilliant future

Welcome to ATLF Shannon193, glad that you joined us here.

Well since he's been a long time friend, try to remember that you've known him forever & continue to be yourself around him. You 2 probably know a whole lot about each other since you have been friends so try to relax & you should be OK.

Maybe even talk to him, let him know your a bit nervous & don't know why, he might be able to help to calm you or make jokes or something to relax you a little bit.
Old 01-04-2009, 11:44 PM   #3
BristolFan

BristolFan is just really niceBristolFan is just really niceBristolFan is just really niceBristolFan is just really niceBristolFan is just really nice

Yeah.. When it's a long friend, it can be awkward at times. You just need to learn to be yourself and relax around them. The more you see them, the easier it should be.

Make sure you tell him you feel this way, it'll help alot. The more you discuss it, the easier it will be, you may even find it fixed the whole thing.

If you need to take things slow - do us. Don't rush into anything.

Try and do something you enjoy, spend a long amount of time together, doing something you feel comfortable with, something which you know will get you talking if possible..
BristolFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 12:43 AM   #4
shannon193

shannon193 is on a distinguished road

thanks for the response...i actually have told him that i felt this way and he says things like you dont have to be shy and stuff... and it is helping a lot... i think i feel this way cuz i really like him ..and i feel i need this to work out ... cuz i need someone like him ...anywho ... thank you again
shannon193 is offline   Reply With Quote