PDA

View Full Version : Broccoli Salad Recipe

**Sapphire**
08-14-2007, 01:06 PM
A fresh salad to keep you cool this summer

From "Portland's Palate...A Collection of Recipes from the City of Roses," published in cooperation with your Daily InBox newsletter.

INGREDIENTS:

2 bunches broccoli florets

1 pound bacon, divided

1 cup currants or golden raisins, divided

1 cup unsalted sunflower seeds, divided

1 red onion, chopped, divided

1/2 cup candied orange peel, divided

DRESSING:

1 cup mayonnaise

1/3 cup granulated sugar

2 tablespoons red wine vinegar

TO PREPARE THE SALAD:

In a saute pan over high heat, cook bacon until crisp. Remove from pan, drain and coarsely chop.

In a large bowl, combine broccoli, bacon, currants, sunflower seeds, onion and orange peel. Reserve some bacon, currants, sunflower seeds, onion and orange peel for garnish.

TO PREPARE THE DRESSING:

In a small bowl, whisk mayonnaise, sugar and vinegar. Pour over salad approximately 1/2 hour before serving and toss well.

To serve, spread broccoli salad in rectangular serving dish and place garnishes in long rows down center.

SERVINGS: 6 - 8

Riggs
08-14-2007, 01:11 PM
Hey, hun that was nice, but how a about candy ones? I have a sweet tooth.
Do you have any of those to share?

I do have a pork chop one, if you would like it. It's to die for. Yeap..that good. Make that one for your man, hun..he will say I do before the wedding day. ;)

**Sapphire**
08-14-2007, 01:14 PM
I get daily recipes in my email so that is the 1 for today. Yesterday's recipe post was a dessert that sounds sweet, check it out.

Feel free to post your pork chop recipe, we all would probably like to read it & maybe try it out. :)

Riggs
08-14-2007, 01:41 PM
Ok, it takes a lot of doing but oh..MAN.. is it good. :)